Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ebay-Come In Suckers

Re: ebay-Come In Suckers

vanrouse, get me a phone number or suburb please.

i may be able to help track them down

also, some tips for ebay....

1. NEVER leave feedback until AFTER the item is recieved.
    2. ALWAYS contact the person by a land line phone number BEFORE paying
    3. ALWAYS confirm address details, use white pages etc.
    4. NEVER send money to China.
    5. NEVER retract bad feedback, even if you get a bad feedback, the technique i use is to say something like "WARNING FRAUD INVESTIGATION, BREACH TRADE PRACTICES ACT"
    6. ALWAYS complain to ebay, but NEVER assume they care, they DONT. if they policed fraud all the time they wouldnt be in business, so its in their interest to play stupid.

I buy a heap and sell a little on ebay all the time, sure there are a couple of bad eggs out there but the safest way to buy is to pay via paypal or check feed back and how long they have been a member. I won't buy from any seller that has a score below 50

Hi Lizard wizard
    I have just sent you a PM
    Cheers
    Rose

hi Rose, i did the search, came up with 1 result, so things are looking good.

check your pm for more information

if you need any more help let me know.

Thanks to LizardWizard and his time and effort.
    He has found the home address and phone number of this evil man Colin Lim.
    Here is his details
    « Date: Today at 10:23am » C. LIM
    27 Marlborough Avenue
    (02) 9401 0062
    HARBORD

contact the
    department of consumer affairs for assistance
    I am too scared to contact him directly(I am shaking just typing this post)
    But now that I have more details about him I may go to the police next week(by myself, as my husband wants me to forget about it)
    Does anyone know this evil man and has anyone bought anything from him too that he did not send?
    I will keep you all informed of the unfolding events to come.
    Cheers
    Rose

never been on ebay
    so i cant get caught

pete

I just read this and went to ebay to see what I could find on this bad seller. It looks like he is once gain selling on ebay by assuming another identity because when I did a search using the email address "auctioncol@*****.com.au" I received the folllowing message from ebay:

"The email address auctioncol@*****.com.au is used by a valid eBay member with a feedback score of 490 (97.5% positive). We have not found a transaction between you and this member in the last 60 days. For privacy purposes, it is eBay's policy that User IDs are not revealed to members who are not involved in current or recent transactions with each other. "

Ive been looking for him by browsing fishing items on ebay but haven't come across him yet but in relation to the information I've read on this person, it may help to mention to the authorities that he is selling on ebay again. With his track record he needs to be dealt with.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by gemmababe2001 View Post

I just read this and went to ebay to see what I could find on this bad seller.

Kind regards,

Debbie
    Hi Debbie, thanks for the heads up but I'm curious as to how you "just read this"?

The thread is nearly 18 months old, you have just joined today, and this is your first post? Were you searching the net for this guy specifically?

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

I recently bought a SS prop that was described as brand new or as new forget now, the prop arrived it was not as described, so I belted it with a hammer a few times in a stressfull brain surgery exercise and it is now within 98% of new where it matters.

I emailed a few of he other blokes that also bought props of the guy recently, they replied that theirs were not as described either, YET and get this they left complementry feedback!!!!!what gives???

I will not leave positive feedback just to get feedback, that just compunds the problem which has filled these pages. So this bloke gets no feedback from me and I very much doubt he will leave it first... typical. this seller had my hairs up right from the start, then when searched his past purchases one was one of those how to make money cd/books etc....well there you go.

Due to a problem I had a little while ago from a seller who wanted me to pay twice for an item due to their bungling and I paided with paypal, I am now with Blaze all the way!!!!!!!!!!! at least to the best of my ability.

Cheers fnq
    Last edited by FNQCairns; 27-07-2007 at 09:52 AM.

Whoops... bad habit of reading a few replies then posting, bit me again, wonder if I have already replied.

Worthy to know who this bloke is today.

cheers fnq
    Last edited by FNQCairns; 27-07-2007 at 10:06 AM.

Been threatened before with I know where you live. They soon shut up when you send them a heap of info about themselves... starts to make them think about who knows more about who.

As a user of Ebay often everyone has given you some good tips.
    The one I can offer is that if you don't have the item after 2weeks, put in a dispute with Ebay and with Paypal if you used it to pay. Don't sit on your hands, if after 14 days you don't have your item. ACT.

And yes, once you give pos feedback its all over red rover. Giving pos feedback indicates that the transaction has been successfully completed. So you may have to put it down to a life lesson.

I usually wait a week or 2 before leaving feedback after I get the item. Just to make sure the item is as described and works as it should.
    That doesn't mean you let this turd get away with speaking to you the way he did.... if you get what I mean.
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Whoops... bad habit of reading a few replies then posting, bit me again, wonder if I have already replied.

Worthy to know who this bloke is today.

cheers fnq
    just checked and he is still a valid user but I can't find out current name! I hope he got sorted? Nice to know what happened with this?

BEWARE! Two good scams going around.
    Saltists being sold as Saltigas
    Crap being sold as Okuma reels, they last 1/2 a trip

I have just recently bought a shimano TLD25 and Backbone rod of e-bay and was a little wary as the seller was only registered on e-bay for the last 30days or so. Paypal was listed as a payment option as well as direct bank deposit.
    Came time to pay with paypal and got the message 'the recipient is not registered with pay-pal'... So cancelled that payment with paypal and e-mailed them stating that I was only prepared to buy from them because they had paypal option of payment which gives you some protection. I was not prepared to do a direct bank deposit as they had no feedback whatsoever.
    I asked them if they were prepared to do COD with Aus-post, just I know that I am getting the rod and reel before any money left my own pocket. They did, and i got the rod and reel no problems.
    Paying the extra few dollars for COD is well worth it. If they werent prepared to do it I would have had said thankyou and goodbye.

There are a few bad eggs out there, but there are legit people that are new to selling or only sell a few items every now and then, which was the case with this seller.
    Do your research and if ANYTHING seems dodgy about them, request they do COD and then at least you have piece of mind your getting the item BEFORE you hand over your money.
    .......Ash

Quote Originally Posted by ashh View Post
    I asked them if they were prepared to do COD with Aus-post, just I know that I am getting the rod and reel before any money left my own pocket. They did, and i got the rod and reel no problems.
    Paying the extra few dollars for COD is well worth it. If they werent prepared to do it I would have had said thankyou and goodbye.

There are a few bad eggs out there, but there are legit people that are new to selling or only sell a few items every now and then, which was the case with this seller.
    Do your research and if ANYTHING seems dodgy about them, request they do COD and then at least you have piece of mind your getting the item BEFORE you hand over your money.
    The trouble also with COD is some a*se hole could send emty rod/cardboard tube with weight box for reel and you cant open it to check before paying, at least at my post office. This is still a good way