Thread: FORSYTH Ge200 spinning reel

FORSYTH Ge200 spinning reel

Anyone used the above reel at all??
    Looking to use for light soft plastic work ( squire, flatties etc )
    Comments/Thoughts??

Thanks in advance

rogue2527

Re: FORSYTH Ge200 spinning reel

have used the Forsyth JLF60 baitcasting reel, for a cheapy off ebay it seems to be alright. The main use is trolling for barra and hasnt been damaged yet. So for the price you pay they,re not to bad. Have also purchased Forsyth offshore braid in both 30 & 15lb but am not to fond of it as it tends to break quite easily.

Hi 12.
    Might be worth saving your $$$$$, buy something a little more quality, ie "quality is remembered long after price is forgotten". Good luck which ever way you decide to go.
    Cheers.

again you get what you pay for, He is local to me. I dropped around one day and picked up one of his baitrunners to have a play with and to date has caught a few fish and the only weakness that I have found are
    The knurled outa cover on the baitrunner drag has let go and makes it hard to adjust.
    there seems to be a weakness in the metal in the reel where it clamps to the rod (seems to twist) I put this down to metal quality.
    In discussion with his wife she asured me that the reels are made in the shimarno factory.
    Summary
    For the price its fine, use it till it breaks and then replace.
    I have also been using his braid for 2 years now and had no problems with it breaking.
    cheers
    blaze