Thread: advice on high quality b/caster blanks, pref 2 pc?

advice on high quality b/caster blanks, pref 2 pc?

Hi, does anyone now if there are any really good quality 2 piece baitcaster blanks available? #If not, what would you recommend as a 1 piece blank for 3-5kg braid. #I've been looking at Loomis in general, but have been told that some of the blanks coming into the country are not as good as they used to be.

Darren_R

Re: advice on high quality b/caster blanks, pref 2

Gday, Two piece baitcaster blanks are a little unusuall. There are a few cheap ones around but if you want some quality one piece blanks the samuri blanks are very hard to beat. Another high quality blank is the wilson (texalium) they have an amazing strength for the whole line class. I would personaly stick with a one pice. It wont be that long and you will have a stronger rod with a better action, consistancy and feel.

angler pacific braid buster - 3 to 8kg

can not go past the Graphite-USA range from Hastings in the USA. Oz distributor is in QLD. You can order any of their blanks in a 2-piece for extra $$ but not sure if that's the same for oz. just built up a 6kg barra blank and it is superb, best casting rod I've ever used and that includes everything up to GLX in loomy. Very light and extremely strong. In the process of rolling up a tournament bass blank for another ausfisher to use in the ABT and will also be progressively changing all my Samurais over. USA website goes into a fair bit of detail as to why these blanks are so good.