hi fellars
    i seen the rod i am not saying it is worth
    180 dollars it is worth 3o dollars
    runners are worth more than 30dollars
    what do u want for nothing
    ps thanks steve for today

regards pete

Re: FREE Rod Offer Piranah Sports

I got my rod yesterday. It is a Piranha fibreglass solid tip 70 Estuary Action rod 20-40GR. It is a 2 piece rod, which came in a red cloth bag. It has 6 guides. The top 6" of the rod is "clear".

The base of the rod is a very cheap looking plastic. The bottom end of the rod has a plastic screw out cap, which enables small items (e.g. swivels, to be stored inside the hollow plastic handle grip. The guides appear to be made of (average quality) plastic and are well bound to the rod.

It's certainly not a "top-of-the-range" rod - but it's not a "kids toy" either.

As to the value of the rod - I am certainly no expert in these matters, but I would say that it is worth a lot less than $ 189 - Min. $ 30 Maximum
    $ 60.

It will be a useful estuary rod which I will certainly use.

westie

Quote Originally Posted by outsiderskip
    hi fellars
    i seen the rod i am not saying it is worth
    180 dollars it is worth 3o dollars
    runners are worth more than 30dollars
    what do u want for nothing
    ps thanks steve for today

regards pete

Yep as for the rod i agree for the $'s, I got what I thought it would be.
    Will more likly go again for the same price.

Good to catch up yesterday and good luck with becoming the latest OFFICE Fishing Planning Team Shhhhhhhhh keep it quite though

Nudge Nudge Wink Wink say no more !!!!!

I haven't received mine yet, but a letter just came saying i have to wait another month... yea ha...

as with others I have recieved my rod as promised.For the $30 it's OK value, but if they intend to retail these rods in Oz for $180+,then I'm pretty sure they won't be selling many rods down under.Put mine through a static weight test.just barely lifted 3lb when pushed as far as I was prepared to go.(well into full working curve),so it's well below advertised line class.but it'll be alright for mates to use for flatties.the snotties (warehou) are on the chew down here in Tas,so will give it a work out on them and calamari one nigth soon.

Received my 10' Indio beach rod. 3 pieces, poor design and balance. Looks cheap and nasty. Probably cost $5 to manufacture.

Modern Fishing have disassociated themselves from the Piranha company now, so that must be saying something.

hussy

.i think the easter bunny is delivering them when he finishes the eggs

chanquetas

Quote Originally Posted by davester28

Modern Fishing have disassociated themselves from the Piranha company now, so that must be saying something.
    Where did you hear that Dave?

Still waiting on my rod....

Quote Originally Posted by Chanquetas
    [quote author=davester28 link=1138575653/30#35 date=1141121920]

Where did you hear that Dave?

Still waiting on my rod....[/quote]

http://www.fishnet.com.au/forums/vie...hlight=pirahna

Hi Guys,

Thought I would throw in my two bobs worth!
    I sent away for the first offer in December, which was either a 10' surf rod or a 10kg 7' estuary rod. I opted for the 7 footer and duly got a letter advising that it would be delivered by a certain date. A rod was delivered as promised, however it was not the advertised 7' 10kg estuary, instead a 6' light action rod was delivered, which is only of average quality (certainly in my opinion not worth anywhere near $180, probably closer to $50!!) I have spoken to Piranha, and to be fair to them they have promised to look into it and said that if they were in error (which they were!), they would send me the correct one and that I could keep the sent one as well. To be honest, I'm not really worried if I get the replacement one or not, because unfortunately, I don't believe that Piranha have done themselves any favours by flogging a product which is not exactly what it seemed (the quality is less than top shelf), and in the long run most people won't back up for another offer or consider buying any of their range. They have shot themselves in the foot.
    I have attached their website for those that haven't seen it.
    http://www.piranhasport.com/

Cheers

Dave

I have got the first one........................wont get the next!

fad

Still waiting for mine two letters telling me due to high orders & being top qaulity it is still being made. i thinks they are full of shite & will never get a cent out of me again > > >.

I have just noticed that on the first page of the latest Modern Fishing Mag there is a paragraph stating that the rod offer has nothing to do with the magazine - it was simply a paid ad by Piranah and all enquires should be sent to them. They must have had a few calls about them.

wiseguy67

There has been a few fisho web sites covering this promo and it appears that 'If it too good to be true....."

In the Tackle section of Ausfish there is a forum "Free Rod Offer"
    I feel it is necessary to post this in the general area as its an on going issue.

I have been waiting for the first 'free rod' offer and as it never arrived when expected i wrote to Piranha Sports and was told be patient etc.
    Then I wrote to the magazine that ran the promotion and this is the last email recieved from them.

Futhermore Fair trading office at this point say they are not able to assist.
    I would like to know how many fishos have been sucked into this scam. Nation wide I imagine the numbers to be up there....

wise67, according to a letter from Piranha Sports on another site, they had 12,575 people take them up on the offer.
    work it out at $30 each they got for postage.
    then work out the retail @$189
    even if the rods cost them $80 t0 get on the market, it's a bucket load of money for what is supposedly a crap product.
    my personal opinion is that they are very poor businessmen who do little research, or it's a scam & 12,575 went for it..

oh, & apparently of those 12,575 only 75 were unhappy.

12575 multiply by $29.95 = $376621.25 not bad for a few months effort

It appears to me that even if they only sent out a third of the crappy rods that some people have stated are worth ten dollars they still aim to make a bloody good profit. Say $100,000 after expense.
    This can all be achieved with a truck load of cheap glass rods and some advertising in a reputable magazine.
    Unfortuneatly I understand the magazine may be held accountable. Aid and Abet rings a bell in this case, I am sure they (the magazine) had not intended to. The magazine needs to publish a warning and an apology ASAP nation wide via newspapers etc.

I have spoken to the Victoria Consumer Affairs:
    CONSUMER AFFAIRS VICTORIA
    (Victorian Issues Only)
    452 Flinders St Melb
    Public hours 8:30am - 4:30pm Mon-Fri
    www.consumer.vic.gov.au
    CONSUMER AND TENANCY ENQUIRIES
    Cost of a local call 1300 558 181

They are sending me the forms to start an investigation.
    I suggest others do the same.

Its the sort of crime that people get away with because befor the authorities do anything the culprits have vanished.

Makes my blood boil.

Gerard

wiseguy67

I have become concerned in regards to the Forum I started on the Piranha Sports issue.

Today I spoke with Alex Bermudez de Romano the CEO of the Brazilian parent company of Piranha Sport. We spoke at length in regards to my concern of the time it has taken to send me the rod and the mostly negative comments left on two web sites including ausfish.com.au and fishnet.com.au as well the correspondence between the editor of Modern fishing magazine and myself.

When i read him the letter from Daniel (editor of Modern Fishing) he asked me to forward the email to him so that he could sue the magazine. I said that until i receive the rod and have satisfied my concerns regarding the delivery and satisfaction of aproximately 15000 customers. Of which he said there are 10000 waiting for this weeks shipment that has been delayed due to the commonwealth games taking place etc etc then i may consider sending him the email. Not very likely this will ever happen as i don't condone money hungry lawsuit seeking parasites.

OK to get to the point of this email:
    Was I in the right to share Daniels email on this website with out his consent? Does the email need to be made anonymous?
    Am i opening a can of worms that will not catch any fish!?

I know this is not a joking matter, I have spent the better part of the last two days speaking Modern fishing magazine, Piranha Sport, NSW Fair Trading office and the Consumer Affairs Office in Victoria. #

Even though I have only $30.00 involved I am not one to watch others get scammed if i am aware/suspicious and may be capable of preventing further loss.

Today Alex assured me that i will be happy with the rod, he also assured me it would arrive this week, but, maybe as late as next week due to Melbourne Post Office being slowed down due to the Games!?? then went on to say that Daniel is a ignorant 27 year old that has no idea of what a rod is worth and has told lies because the competition (other rod suppliers) is complaining to him????
    I do wish that i had been able to record the conversation as what was said makes my blood boil controllably. #

Regards,

Gerard

Ausfish advised it is against the law to use/forward an email from someone with out their permission