Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FREE Rod Offer Piranah Sports

Re: FREE Rod Offer Piranah Sports

Hi guys,

Been on a while reading the very informative posts but only just registered. #Thought I'd contribute to this discussion.

I reckon this Piranha offer is very likely to be a scam, or at the very least, the guys are not 100% above board. Here are my reasons:
    • The old truism holds: if something is too good to be true it usually is.
    • As someone has already mentioned, their catalogue is a direct rip-off of Shimano's rod catalogue. #They've changed a few things like "Action" and managed to cock it up. For example, have a look at the Indio range - they have four rods classified as General Purpose rods but there's no consistency: there's a 7'0" rod rated at 10kg, an 8'0" rod rated at 6kg, followed by a 9'0" rod rated at 24kg (!!!), rounded off by an 8kg 10'0" rod. #Does that sound right to you? #I don't think these are typos either - there are other examples: an 8kg Bream rod?? #These guys have no clue.
    • If Shimanos are just rebranded Piranhas (as someone suggested they may be), then Piranha's Indio range corresponds to Shimano's Technium / Spectrum range (just compare the catalogues). #These Indio rods were part of the Modern Fishing January offer and were valued at $189 by Piranha. #Bull - you can pick up Shimano Technium rods at the shop for under $30! #They are made from cheap blanks and Asian guides. #The manufacturing costs must be under $5. If we do indeed eventually receive an Indio rod from Piranha, rest assured it will not be worth $189.
    • Their business plan does not add up. #They are targetting customers by giving them "samples", so to speak. #It doesn't really make sense. If I have 12 new rods which are good quality and likely to last me many years, I'm not likely to be buying many more, am I?
    • The general lack of professionalism displayed by the company so far: the woman answering the business phone in the supermarket, the lack of a website for ages and the poor quality of the site when it finally appeared, inconsistencies with the product lines (as in the Indio GP rod examples above and many others), poor grammar and spelling ... it all adds up to what seems a pretty shonky operation.

There are three ways I see this panning out:
    • Best case scenario, everything is hunky dory and we get a good quality rod.
    • We get a crap rod worth $5 (they make a small profit from our $30) but everyone thinks they're legitimate and so many more people send in their $30 for the next "offer", which never arrives.
    • We never see the first rod at all and we're dudded $30.

Sorry if this seems pessimistic, but there are just too many holes in their story for me to think of it as anything other than a scam.

Cheers!

westie

For a full report on the FREE PIRANAH "INDIO" Spin rod just forward to me $29.95 and I shall forward it to you.

BUT WAIT there is more.

For the FIRST person to take up this offer I will INCLUDE this FREE rod for 5c...... YES 5c........ extra but only for the FIRST to take up the offer.

BUT wait theres more.

I will also include a special purpose built Fishing Rod Bag, made of top quality material with the FAMOUS PIRANAH LOGO printed on it.

Photo's will be Included in the repot for those who take up the offer .

It was that good was it Westie?

That's a pretty good turn-around... Arrived today, floggin it off this arvo!

Sounds like a top deal.

chanquetas

So whats the go Westie? Is it any good or what mate?
    I havent got mine yet....

fishingnottake

so i take it they're duds? or mini rods or something?

im confused

westie

Fishin dan No not at all just giving someone else a chance to get a great offer.

Szopen just send $29.95 for the report

Fishingnottaken have all the right gear send for REPORT $29.95

Polydriverjr you will work it out mate

i too have nfi what youre on about....
    so i take it that the offer isnt worth taking?

It definitely sounds like a scam with the delivered rod worth every penny

Westie,

I happen to live far enough that 5 extra cents will not cover the shipment.

Anybody wants an expensive rod from China???

Mind you there are some that cost over 1000$ and are still worth it.

gotwet

still havnt got mine.

cheers mal

Westie, are you going to keep us in suspence, or are you going to show and tell. If this is a scam, expose it for what it is. That way we can go after the company and the magazine that helped them set it up.
    Of course if its genuine we can all go crook on ourselves for not taking up this special deal?
    Paul McNaught
    Paul McNaught

fad

still waiting for mine .

westie

Quote Originally Posted by PMC
    #Westie, are you going to keep us in suspence, or are you going to show and tell. If this is a scam, expose it for what it is. That way we can go after the company and the magazine that helped them set it up.
    # Of course if its genuine we can all go crook on ourselves for not taking up this special deal?
    Paul McNaught

Paul as for being a scam NO it is not you get the rod promised and delivered before the date they said so they have done what they said they would as for the rod being worth around $189.00 for $29.95 who am I to say it is not worth that if I go out and catch a fish on it great.

They made an offer and stuck to it, as a manufacture of rod yourself you should take up the challenge or at least spend the $29.95, and then you can judge for yourself the quality as I do not buy blanks and runners in bulk to know how much it is worth.

I like Piramah have made an offer and it has been taken up.
    Now they are the owner of this rod with a 10 yr Warranty

I just need to get the money from my daughter, as now we have a van to go camping at Double Island Point this is now her UP THE BEACH ROD. and she is happy so they have ONE happy customer

a mate got his rod yesterday (a 10foot 3 piece) and if someone would pay over $150 for it [smiley=freak.gif]
    he was disapointed that it costed him $30

Daniel