Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jack Erskine's washers

Re: Jack Erskine's washers

Give em the #[smiley=thumbsup.gif] also.... have em in a few CVZ's and a Eskine Special LP..... Strong & smooth. www.jackerskine.com

# # Cheers Les

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

Rocket439

Quote Originally Posted by jimbolikes_barra
    na mate got about half a kilo more outa mine, what model you got B or BSF just wondering if they may be slightly different.

cheers
    jim #
    Was just wondering if anyone knows the difference between the Curado B and BSF. I had a look at both when i bought my barra combo and the only difference i could see visually was a different spool but the price range was about 40-50 bucks(B being cheaper) I asked the guy at the tackle shop and he wasn't too sure! I ended going with the BSF cos the spool ran smoother! By the way i'm getting about 4-5kgs of drag from my Curado 200 BSF but i'm still sending it to jack!

the SF stands for "Super Free" basicly this means that the pinion gear is carried by a bearing instead of floging around on the yoke.

Rocket439

i thought as much but wasnt entirely sure. thanks for the info.

bearclaw

Highly recomend them, only instaled two kits yesterday on my Japanese version Chronachs, these have better drags than the Aussie ones, I can feel there is a great improvement on these and look forward to see the final tested the drag. Again highly recomend them.

Myles

Gday are you men using the cal's reel and drag grease supplyed with the carbontex washers it is recomended to be used dry or very lighty greased just about to put mine in to grease or not to grease that is the question will it afect the drags max performance as i dont want to jeperdise this

bearclaw

I just put a light coat of Cal's on mine so the drag washers appear wet and sticky to the touch.

Myles

I used the grease under recomendation on the extreme smoothies although the instructions say install dry,it made the drag very chatery at full song but not a big job to wash and reinstall dry making them very smooth.