Thread: ~ Combo & Braid thoughts ~

~ Combo & Braid thoughts ~

G'day fella's,

Barra Bash is approaching soon, and i am interested in upgrading from plain old Monofilament to Braid for most of my fishing. Im interested in doing a lot of testing before the 'Bash so i can choose the best stuff, which i will then most likely use for a life-time to come. 30lb do? Im just after brands and line class at the moment. The braid will be used for casting, trolling (deep and shallow), live baits and plastics. Im very interested in purchasing some Fireline at the local tackle shop of mine, but he also has brands like P-Line, and Platypus Super Braid, and everything in between. So im a little puzzled at which one i should buy. So if i could get some feedback on this id be rapt. Price isnt a matter with line either... i dont mind spending a bit of money on line at all.

I will only worry about braid for the bruiser barra up here for the moment, then i might get some thoughts on braid for bass and bream. I am also looking to upgrade my barra combos - which currently are #2 X Custom made Arafura 6' rod matched with a 2 X Jarvis Walker Auroara reels (shame i know, but it does the job!). The reels at the moment are topped with a spool load of 25lb Platypus Platinum mono. I am ofcourse after good combo's at good prices, that are tough and durable, and most importantly perform well. They will be used for trolling (deep and shallow), casting, live bait and plastics. I will be using these outfits all over the place, not just Tinaroo. So some feedback on this also would be welcoming.

Cheers.

Theo
    TT

Re: ~ Combo & Braid thoughts ~

Well if you search under Platil you will see alot of people on this forum have had good experiences with it.

hardb8

Hi Theo,
    I've used quite a few different brands of braid,And if I had to recommend one it would be Bionic,If ya after something at the cheaper end of the scale try Platil Millenium Hot Fibre 2,Very good value for money.

Good luck at the bash.

Regards hardb8

Platil aye Seen it in a lot of my magazines. I'll go looking for it now... cheers.

Anyone heard much about the american brand P-Line?. They've got a large range of mono and braid, and the local tackle shop near me has quite alot of P-Line in store, so im interested in it. I will still do alot of testing before i put my name to a brand... so i dont mind testing heaps of stuff.

Any more feedback welcome...

Theo
    TT

If you considering getting braid from the US the best one by far is PowerPro.
    Can get it from Cabelas.

bump
    TT

BUMP! F-SAKE

Theo
    TT