Thread: Stradic 2500

a

Stradic 2500

Hi Guys
    Just took delivery of a very nicly priced Stradic 2500 from old man ebay.
    So now the hunt is on for the rod.

Mainly fish SP or hardbodies and will spend a good paart of the next few months chasing lizards.
    Mainly esturay work or close inshore with the 4m edgy.

It came with 2 spools so I'll put the standard 6pound on the main and probably an 8 to 10 pound on the second for the inshore/offshore sessions.

Any suggestions for a rod would be appreciated.....
    Cheers Armo

Re: Stradic 2500

HEY MATE, GREAT REEL...I HAVE ONE MYSELF.
    I NORMALLY RUN IT ON A STRUDWICK SIC STICK 2-4KG/1.9M OR A 2.1 SHIMANO RAIDER
    THE SIC IS PROBABLY THE MOST VERSITILE BUT THE RAIDER IS FAR SUPIREIR WITH CASTING AND ULTRA FINESSE WORK...ESPECIALLY TWITCHING SURFACE LURES FOR BASS....

HOPE IT HELPS

a

Thanks MM
    I'll check them out and see how it feels

Also have a look at the 7 foot, 2-5kg, shimano Tcurve spin rod, if you are fishing 1/8th oz jigheads and heavier it is a great rod.
    Cheers Ian

Check out the steve starling range of spinning rods - just picked up a 7ft one today from the store that can't be named for $57.50 as they have them on a 50% off sale until Monday 26th June. Great rod and a great price

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by snakecatcher
    Check out the steve starling range of spinning rods - just picked up a 7ft one today from the store that can't be named for $57.50 as they have them on a 50% off sale until Monday 26th June. Great rod and a great price

Mike

Hi,

Just wondering do they have Shimano Backbone ELite SP 7' 2 piece on Special, would you be kind enough to email me where the sale is...as i am not able to send you any email till i reach 10 posts from this forum???

Cheers