Thread: Tackle shops in Thailand

Tackle shops in Thailand

I'm passing through Bangkok on the weekend and was wondering if there are any tackle shops there? As everything else seems to be inexpensive I thought it might be worth checking out some prices for rods and reels, etc.
    Does anybody know of any?
    Regards
    Oz

Re: Tackle shops in Thailand

SevenSeas Fishing Tackle shop is the best , located within the famous Beung Sam Lan fishing park where they catch those big Siamese Cat fish . Phone : 02-7347757 and ask for the shop attendance to talk to your taxy driver , language barrier is huge
    so don't bother trying to pronounce it in English , just doesn't work . From the center of BKK , it takes around an hour ( BKK traffic ) to get there .

Good selections of freshwater n saltwater gears , best of all is the cost to build rods , professionally done although it takes a
    couple of weeks to complete . Ask for Mr. Jai , the owner of the shop who has fished all over the world .

JonLi .
    It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so .
    Mark Twain .

There are a couple shops in the Chinatown (listed in yellowpages).
    In small streets, hard to find.

Very limited range there, not really worth going.

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1151580054]This Thread[/link]
    Regards

mod5

There is another shop around EKAMAI area , they are the agent of Accurate reels among other brands , myself not too familiar how to get there as I was being driven by my Thai friends then .
    Closer to Sukhumvit Rd. area where tourists are likely to be staying . Here is their website ;
    http://www.ekamaifishingtackle.com/ , perhaps this wud help .

JonLi .
    It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so .
    Mark Twain .

Thanks for the advice guys - unfortunately after a delayed flight from Laos and some horrendous traffic I didnt get a chance to have an explore.......next trip hopefully.
    Oz