Thread: Go fly a kite

Go fly a kite

OK here we go, The other day I spooled my TLD30 with 300m of 80lb braid and didn't get it as tight on the spool as I would have liked so with it being so windy today I riged up the rod & reel and hooked the kite on and let out about 250m or so and then cranked it back in while thumbing it evenly onto the spool.
    B E A utifull job nice and tight and so so easy
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

marlinqld

Re: Go fly a kite

Next time my wife tells me to go fly a kite, i'll take it as an invite to check and re-do some gear........ and respool....

Great idea.......

Mike

CHRIS_aka_GWH

I read an article in NZ fishing monthly a few months back about flying kites off the rocks in offshore winds to skip baits along the current line out wide for BIG beakies.

Essentially the kite is on a big spool mounted on a trolley, it is kept reasonably low to the water by the weight of the bait which is connected with a quick release clip like on outrigger uses. The bait is patrolled parallel to the shore. When a hit happens the bait releases & the kite flies up and out of the way.

The guy had some nice photos to back the technique.

Although their rugby back-line's ball handling skills are backward (and rely on the forwards for international credibility) # , the kiwis are miles ahead in doing new things in fishing.

From reading the mag for a fair while it seems they were knife jigging years before the first reports in Oz. They've been using sea kayaks for offshore trolling big deep sea plastics for ages, kontikis, kites balloons and a large variety of distance casting rigs etc.

Its such ashame they speak funny too #.

chris

Jesus Christ, I'm appalled!! How can you say that?

IMO, we should declare war on NZ (provided we can borrow some armaments from the good ol' US of A) and annex all the good stuff (if there is such a thing) from NZ.

Kites you say?? Kites?? What kites?? We should borrow rockets on time share and blow 'em out of the water. Friggin Kiwis.

There you go. Geez, I feel better now. I'm just a GOM.

TOL

I think you are discribing the New Zealand Airforce

cheers

Alex