Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: building rods

Re: building rods

Ta Pete,

I had also forgotten two other items... metho & a file, Oh well, another round of PMs.
    cheers roz

White Knight

Whats ya problem mate ????
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

hussy

this may be of some help

I've moved this topic back just in case people may have missed some of the 'useful' info posted.

roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

I put a sticky on it so it doesnt get lost.
    Regards

mod5

Hi All,

Its been a long time since I posted, but what I have been doing is fishing, and not just with any shop bought rod, this was a first time custom made job. Please refer to http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB...25875138/24#24 for details. A first timer with the time and effort to research and perform quality work on a custom rod, I think makes a rod just as good as any shop bought one. Its been near a year and NOT ONE thing has failed #, and i've put it through its paces pulling in some sizable fish and have been busted off a few times too. Everything from the guides and binding to the shine is still as bright as the first week i finished it, and the pride/excitement is still around too.

So any first timers out there wanting to give it a go, don't hesitate, get in there and have a go.

Dave

Hi all i have turn'd out three rods now 1 beach 2piece13 ft / boat 5ft 15 kg/ and 1 blackfish rod 14ft 1 piece. Made my own rod lathe and rollers and i can tell you there is no better felling than to catch a fish on a rod you build your self. Buy the way if you buy a good blank and runners reel mount it will cost you more than if you were to buy one from the rack.

#Cheers spinna

bearclaw

deleted

This is a bench i knocked up a few years ago the motor is out of a canon electric type writer
    12 volt reduction gearbox that just spins perfect speed. Hooked up to a old12 volt mobile phone charger for power and the kids old training wheels a bit of welding and thinking works for me

There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

pic 2

There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

pic3

pic4