Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHATS THE BEST ROD FROM KMART

WHATS THE BEST ROD FROM KMART

Hey guys it was just my bday and ive got $145 TO SPEND AND I NEED A OUTFIT

Re: WHATS THE BEST ROD FROM KMART

mate they have a few depends what youre after.
    They have a 25%off sale at the moment if you hurry you can catch it.
    I got a baitcaster combo for $90 but Im yet to learn how to use one.
    I loove the deep end
    Choose your style and good luck
    Gold Coast , Queensland. Paradise!

Depends on what fish you are chasing mate
    It's all part of the fishing experience

or maybe even go to your local tackle store and have a talk to the guy/girl who will know what you want and will help you out for probably no more than Kmart and might even spool it with line for you, and, give lots of hints on how to use, what to catch and a host of other info

Personally, I quite like the Penn Ultimate range of rods that Kmart sells. I currently have 2 six foot boat rods of 10-12kg line class (one fitted with an Alvey 650-C5 and the other with a TLD-20). My favourite rod is a Penn Ultimate 7ft rod 6-10kg line class fitted with a BTR-4500. That one is a true all-rounder. The rods are normally around $39.95 or $49.95. But those reels will be outside your budget.

Chris.

For $145 you will be able to pick up an excellent outfit if you shop around and are particular about what type of fishing you are going to do. My advice would be to get one really good outfit and then make sure you look after it well.

Kmart may not be the best place to be buying rods etc as they carry a limited range which will have been well picked over by now as the 25% sale has been running for almost a week now. They do hold these sales very regularly though.

bidkev

25% off ugly sticks at K mart. brings 'em down to around 56 bucks

kev

got 7ft ugly stick at tack whare southport $39

I'm with Kev. They stock ugly sticks, and they great rods. Totally depends what you wan them for, but if bait then great. I have a couple of them in the 6-8kg class for my mid range bait reels. I recently bought from them a new Shimano rod 2-4kg class for my son's combo. A great buy for what I want it for. $32.00 after the 30% off.

g'day at the moment thay have a 25% off and lucky 4 me i bought a rod and reel combo to day its a ugly stick shakespear 5'6 and a shakespear XTERRA 4100 it is usually $130 but i got it for $94.

Also at ####### all sports i have resently bought a 6'6 rod jarvis walker with a jarvis walker red bone over head reel for $50 i have also bout a awsome rod and reel for $30 i think ####### is a better quality,cheaper and have a larger range.

i am very VERY happy with my gear now!

sorry about that filter > > there website is:

www.amartallsports.com.au/home.htm

as i cannot mention this name.

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by F1SH_BOY
    sorry about that filter > > there website is:

removed by new mod

You just did

kev

Bundy_Burp

I'd go for either a PENN or an Ugly stick combo especially with the sale on I think the quality of two companies would be about best as far as Kmart is concerned .

Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin
    [quote author=F1SH_BOY link=1153784970/0#10 date=1153818548]sorry about that filter #> > there website is:

removed by new mod #

You just did

kev
    [/quote]

oops

Mate, i dunno what you're after but KMART at victoria point have abu garcia combos (morrum rod and 5600C4 Ambassadeur reel ) for $82.50!!!! which seems ridiculously cheap to me