Thread: Of eggs and Chickens???

Of eggs and Chickens???

Ok..what does it have to do with fishin??

I just wondered the other day how people buy rods and reels?
    Do you get a reel you like and then match a rod to it, #or buy a rod you have always wanted first. Maybe impulse buy at a sale then search out the second 1/2 of the package elsewhere??
    Cheers, Chris

Re: Of eggs and Chickens???

Work out the task that needs to be done, find a reel that meets my needs and a rod thats up to the task. Make sure the combo feels good together.

Dave.

i agree with dave,
    get a good reel that will do wat u want, then get the best rod u can afford at the time(Cause the reel usually uses most of the budget)Then u can update the rod later..(drop hints to minister for finance 4 birthday present etc)

Thanks for the replies guys. I wasn't actually looking for actual suggestions just wondering what governed everyone's rod/reel purchases.
    Yes I have a good Quantum baitcast reel(just landed form the USA) I am looking for a rod for at the moment but that wasn't the catalyst for my thread

Frog,

Wanted to get into light plastic fishing, bought a second hand set up.
    After that went and bought Rod and now wanting to match reel to it.
    I dont think there is any "Rule" as such. You or any of us generally have
    a sneaky lil plan going on in our heads at the point of purchase from 50c hooks
    to bigger dollar rods and reels. ( have to keep the missus in the dark)
    I think it all comes down to what you see/ want first.

Aj

Kiktz.... at keeping the missus in the dark........I have a couple of rods and reels to get to complete my collection. (for the kids of course...hope I can get a couple of reels with 2nd spools then have a spare reel or 2 and have different line classes to chose

You know what the say

what theu dont know won't hurt'em

I live by that