Thread: What spinning combo's?

What spinning combo's?

Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting a new spinning combo for SP's at the end of the week and was wondering if anybody had any ideas on what to get? Im looking at spending no more then $150 cause I wanna get more SP's. Any ideas will be great.Thanks, Mick.

Re: What spinning combo's?

try the shimano NEXAVE 1000 combo with nexave 702 spin rod, it has cork grips ,2 piece rod, rel comes with spare spool, and I have had a lot of success with it, paid $110.00

nabs12

Hey

I'd look at getting a berkley dropshot which you can sometimes pick up for less than $100 for a reel its better to spend a bit extra maybe look for a Shimano Sedona which is around $90.. thats if you can stretch the budget. Im not really sure on any cheaper reels.

Cheers

Agree with Nabs. Dropshot rods are about $89 or so at the moment. You should be able to get the reel for about $80. That will be a good combo definately.

Just brought the Berkely Dropshot 3-5Kg Rod for $90 and are impressed with it! Try and stretch the budget just a little Mick and you will notice the difference!

Mick

Pflugler (spell) rods at bcf from thurs for $79.00. Then get the best reel you can afford up to 2000 size remember to allow 24 odd dollars for 6lb braid and 15.00 bucks for fluro carbon 10 lb leader.

Of course you could make life easy on yourself and go see justin or jason at Sundown, tell them you're with ausfish and what you need to do. They won't lead you to far astray and they'll discount for ausfish members.

PS Watch out for Justin he always seems to get you to buy more gear than you wanted.

Hey mate
    I would give a new squidgy rod a go with a aernos, you could probly get one for around $170

T-roy

Another thought for the reel would be a Daiwa ProShooter. They sell for around the $70 - $80 mark from memory. I have got one for sp's and it works a treat. One of the better value for money reels I own.

Thanks guys for all the replys! Where is Sundown?
    I couldnt wait another two days so Im going out tomorrow to get it. Oh and Im gonna tell the missus you guys talked me into spending that little bit more

Cheers, Mick.

hey mate u can get a raider rod for $100 now and u could pick up a sedona or an aneros for about $50-$70 when there is a sale at amart i would put 4lb fire line on it and 8lb leader depends on what ur chasen
    cheers
    zach

Hey guys, well after looking and looking and looking at BCF I ended up getting a Berkley Dropshot rod 2-4kgs and a Daiwa Ondine 2000 reel with 8lb backing, 8lb braid (Advanced fireline) and 8lb mono leader. The rod was $89 and Reel $50!
    Once again thanks to all for all of your help.

Cheers, Mick.