Thread: Shakespeare SKP 4000A Baitcaster

Shakespeare SKP 4000A Baitcaster

G'day guys, I am thinking about buying a new Shakespeare SKP 4000A Baitcaster as my first ever overhead reel. I was just wondering what your thoughts are on it or am I just waisting my time? It is setting me back about $55 new.

Cheers, Mick.

Re: Shakespeare SKP 4000A Baitcaster

Hmm ok does anyone have a shakespear baitcaster at all???

How are you Mick.

Mate I have a Shakespeare Baitcaster, which I have been using lately. It's a mates, and it's a few years old but has not been used as yet, and he has given my directions to 'Break it in' . Im not sure as to what model it is, but It's a new reel, and last week at the ABT at Tinaroo, it gave me the shits!. Construction wise it is not all that wonderfull, and the drag's on all Shakespeares I am told ain't much good (I will go along with that aswell, from what I experienced last weekend).

Do you have a pic of the reel mate? If your looking for a good circular Baitcaster over a Low profile reel, then you should check out Abu Garcia's, I reckon they are a bloody good reel. In particular, the new Abu Garcia 'Records'... a replica of the C4's and so on.

www.abugarcia.com
    TT

Thanks for the heads up TinarooTriumph. I ended up getting it yesterday anyway might give it away as a present

Cheers, Mick.