Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flatty favour SP

Flatty favour SP

Can anyone tell me what Flatty favour SP so I can supply sp for weekend trip as I have not caught yet

Re: Flatty favour SP

Hey Mate
    I would give the squidgie fish a go, the work for me

T-roy

blue-mako

I got my P.B. on Saturday with a Squidgey Wriggler in 100mm size. For slow trolling use on of those.

I find the Squidgey Fish paddle tails not to swim very well out of the packet.

If cast and retrieving with a double jerk and drop method I'd say go a 4inch Powerminnow. Most colours work well.

Troy

I've always done well for flatties on the #3 Squidgy Wriggler in Avacado

Get some 3inch berkley gulp pogys or minnows in pumpkinseed - flatties love em

Hello young_mind!!!
    Oh I see that you would love to try catch those flatheads this weekend
    Good luck!
    See ya at fishing trip this weekend.

Hello anyone,
    Could you please let us know are there good fishes there at
    North Bribie Island this weekend????
    Happy life fishing,
    favourite_whiting

scooterb72

Howdy,

If you go to the Flathead fishing classic site you will find an archive of the colours and types of SP's that were used in the classic over the past few years

http://www.flatheadclassic.com.au/fhcmap.htm

Good luck
    Luckstrike

Interesting stuff Luckystrike........do you think this is localised to the Broadwater or reflects flattie tastes statewide?

AdrianK

I love the 3" Atomic Fatgrub in Brown Crawdad. Cheaper than Squdgies, as you get twice as many in a packet, and really good quality. The attached photo saw my lad get two good flatties in 5 mins on this lure, and same spot we got an 84cm old girl, on the same lure.

scooterb72

hard to say ozwald I will be interested to see what type and colour catch the fish this year. I would think it would depend on the area as to what colour works the best but really who knows some days they take pink other days its green..... Would be interested to hear others opinions on colours? Pink would be my successful colour!

Far_Canal

white or clear colours in clear water

darker colour in dirty water works for me

I have been told that Dave Green has bought every pkt of lumo podgy on the gold coast, what dose he know that we dont
    Cheers Ian
    PS how true this is I dont know, but I have been told this by more than one person over the last few weeks.

Thanks for the info. Last weekend give Sp a go early sunday try Pseed,watermelon,pink lemonade but not catch on landbase.
    I give Berkley powerbait mullet Pilchard 2nd cast bang and land 37cm flatty so exciting.Try again no luck as the current not good also northern wind. No matter I enjoyed the cast.
    Happy fishing cheers

Far_Canal

Its true Ian, he came in looking for some about a week back.

edit: sorry guys, wrong thread