Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BCF Store in Rockhampton?

Re: BCF Store in Rockhampton?

Went to Kfart to buy some line on the w'end, out of stock for what I wanted but noted price, decided to go BCF to get some as it was close, whopping 25% dearer!!! went home grabbed the family and drove to the other kfart got the line, had an urban outing which my little girl just loves, after extra fuel got a coffee or two worth of change back in the deal.

Dont think I will visit again even to check price on most stuff, but would visit to check out hard to find items, 25% extra is a lot for me to cough up for the convenience.

cheers fnq

Quote Originally Posted by rat_catcher
    After a bit of digging I got the information I was after. I found out that BCF is owned by the same company as Supercheap Auto, so I went in there and asked about the new BCF store. Luckily the person I spoke to knew all about it and told me that yes indeed there is one opening and it will be open before Christmas. There are a couple of staff members from Supercheap that are moving over and they have their first day on 29th November. The store is going into the last remaining vacancy in the Red Hill Homemaker Centre, between Sleepy's and the coffee shop. This isn't really where I would expect it to be located, but after a drive by there is definitely a big open warehouse type store being fitted out there right now.

Hopefully this will introduce a bit of competition to the local market and bring some products up our way that we don't normally get!

mmmmmmm, thats sounds like the sort of experience thats in some of the brisbane stores..
    soon it will be "would you like fries with that, oops sorry that was the last place i worked, tee hee, tee hee"

scottv50

Quote Originally Posted by DR
    [quote author=rat_catcher link=1163194006/0#9 date=1164105827]After a bit of digging I got the information I was after. I found out that BCF is owned by the same company as Supercheap Auto, so I went in there and asked about the new BCF store. Luckily the person I spoke to knew all about it and told me that yes indeed there is one opening and it will be open before Christmas. There are a couple of staff members from Supercheap that are moving over and they have their first day on 29th November. The store is going into the last remaining vacancy in the Red Hill Homemaker Centre, between Sleepy's and the coffee shop. This isn't really where I would expect it to be located, but after a drive by there is definitely a big open warehouse type store being fitted out there right now.

Hopefully this will introduce a bit of competition to the local market and bring some products up our way that we don't normally get!

mmmmmmm, thats sounds like the sort of experience thats in some of the brisbane stores..
    soon it will be "would you like fries with that, oops sorry that was the last place i worked, tee hee, tee hee" [/quote]

Well, I guess you never know.....maybe those guys were mad keen fishos and we will all be surprised! But on the other hand........yeah maybe the fries analogy will hold true!

Nup!!, latest buzz for BCF is Gladstone opposite Newbies yard in the same grounds as the new Bunnings Store..Next door me thinks??..
    Rocky has a different new store opening selling simmilar lines but cant quite remember its name ..
    Cheers

Well the TV Blitz has started here in Gladstone.

All three major stations had ads for it within 10mins of each other.

B C F open in Rocky soon.

No word on if Gladstone is getting a store also, but the local tackle shops are a bit edgy about them.

Harry
    I love the sound of reels screaming in the morning

Anaconda(if spelt correct??) Goes to Rocky...
    BCF=Gladstone or so its said ...
    Cheers

scottv50

Seems like conflicting stories! Anybody know the real deal? Or will we all just have to wait and see?

Well thereyago , just come over the telly fifteen minutes ago that BCF is opening in Rocky!!..
    Now just need ta sus out where Anaconda is opening??..
    So much fer trusted sources ..

Far_Canal

BCF rocky

anaconda Gladstone

scottv50

Did they say anything about the opening date?

Last night there was an ad for BCF on the TV, saying open 'this weekend'. I'm guessing that this means the weekend coming?????

There was also a job ad in Saturday's Morning Bulletin advertising positions vacant at BCF. I'm guessing it is in the Job section of today's paper also.

Ed.

dej

IN THE QLD FISHING MONTHLY IT SAYS IT WILL BE OPEN ON SATURDAY THE 16th

I put tackle shops in two categories. Ones which sell at a price but offer great advice and service while others are discount chain stores where it's pot luck if the bloke you speak to knows anything. All have their place but for 90% of the time BCF is expensive and you don't get good advice or service.

There are 3 sections in BCF it is not just a fishing store, you need to ask for someone in fishing.

Important Tip for Discount Chain Stores such as BCF and #######!!!

Shop during the day, during the week - that way you will meet the guy that runs the department and get to know them - people don't apply for a job as the fishing department full timer if they care more about skateboarding than fishing!

I did this, and even though the guy for my local BCF has moved away to run another store, we still regularly catch up to discuss whats being caught, what we have been up to etc. He has fished all his life and also studied Marine Science at uni - that is someone who digs fish...

I also got to know the boating guy - who used to work charter boats in the area, and is a mine of great information.

Anyway, my point is - don't judge the store based on the high school kids that work the checkout on a Thursday night, talk to the people who are the full timers, there is a reason they are in the job...