Thread: who sells skirt material

who sells skirt material

G'day all, merry christmas and happy new year. i 've done a bit of a search with no luck yet.
    I'm chasing some "polyetheline type" skirt material to make up some trolling lures. i saw heaps up north but am having no luck around bris. even if i have to order some in is fine.
    wag heads (not quite politically correct)as well.
    any help would be appreciated
    ta ben

Re: who sells skirt material

Ben

check with your local tackle shop, most of the ones I know either stock or can get skirts in.

Aj

Hey Ballsie'
    Any good tackle shop( well established and been around for a while) will be able to get it in for you in a variety of colours, try to talk to the older guy in the shop, he should know what you are talking about. I to am from up north and everyone carries it as "wogs" are still one of the best ways to present a trolled gar/ pike etc for Spanish Mackeral etc. A lot of the younger brigade have never heard of them(not their fault)and dont know what they are or what they are missing out on.
    Cheers !!!
    " AINT NO FUN WATIN' ROUND TO BE A MILLIONAIRE "

Jone's Tackle in Lutwyche should have what your looking for.

If not, then MO Tackle will have it

Quote Originally Posted by hooknose
    <SNIP>
    still one of the best ways to present a trolled gar/ pike etc for Spanish Mackeral etc. #A lot of the younger brigade have never heard of them
    woo hoo!
    I'm one of the younger brigade #
    What does it do?
    Anyone got a pic of how it's used?

EDIT

[smiley=idea.gif] [smiley=idea.gif]
    Never mind. The lights just came on
    Rigging the gar through me

Cheers,
    Owen
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

I know this is not the answer to your question...but, I've used christmas decorations and the silver lining/bladder from a wine cask. Did well with the wahoo and mackerel..

they don't last long, break down rather quickly (UV and salt water), on the other hand an expensive skirted lure can be ruined in a flash by a hoo.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Tackle warehouse at Camp hill, captain blighs, most of the tackle world stores, wellseys at kawana waters, MO tackle @coffs harbour - the last two do mail order - or if ya still having probs PM me and i will give you some contacts that will be more than happy to help you out. (I used to own a tackle store).

Cheers
    Greg

imported_admin