Thread: SPs which stay on better??

SPs which stay on better??

Hi,

Im curious to know if anyone has an opinion of which method of retaining the body onto the jig head works best - squidgies use like a wire barb to retain the body and Berkly etc use ribed moulding in the lead head - to my thinking the later would possibly retain the body better after fish strikes and mayb e the wire would rip the body open??- Im new to SPs so any opinions would be appreciated.

Cam

For_Steve

Re: SPs which stay on better??

I've found the ribbed moulding on TT jig heads works fine for me. They do damage the front of the SP after a couple of fish, especially if I'm using Gulps. Usually, they are pretty stuffed by then anyway from the the fish munching on it.

I'm going to be giving Snapbacks a go. They are really tough and I hear good things about them from some experienced people on AF.

Tim_01

i prefer jigheads that have the ribbed moulding too (gamakatsu, berkley nitro, TT jigheads) they seem to hold the plastic on better.

Tim.

TIM-DONSELAAR

I like the TT jigheads the best

cheers tim

I just super glue the sp to the jig head seems to solve the problem.

Cheers Rob

I actually like the price of the squidgy jig heads so for things like just plunking around the bigger sizes for flatties I use them.

I find the problem with them compared to the TT's though with their little bit of wire to hang on is not when you hook a fish but its ability to actually hang on to the soft placcies like the gulps or even the really floppy compound 'real' plastics you get in some brands. The bit of wire just seems to munch them on the way on in the first place giving no purchase for the lure when you are casting it. An advantage with them though is you can put the hook a bit offset in a thin lure as they don't have as much meat that goes into the lure. If you try this with the TT's the lure will look fat and bulky on one side where the extra diameter lead goes into it. Does this make sense?

Anyway Cammac my humble opinion is that the least of your worries is what happens to the lure with the two different types after fish strike just for presentation and castability.

My solution is to have a good range of both in the box for the day. If I could only find a good range of them all from somewhere I'd do backflips! Ok, maybe a bit of a somersault, but I would definately be happy.

Bozo's are the best I have used so far, no slipping back of the plastic= less dropped fish!!!
    " AINT NO FUN WATIN' ROUND TO BE A MILLIONAIRE "

hey mate i like tt's the best but i use squdgie jigs head mostly casue there cheap and good

I find that unless you super glue squidgy lures onto a jighead they will come off if you start whipping them hard - doesn't seem to matter what brand of jig head you use. Doesn't seem to happen with gulps though

Hmmm seems like the supa glue mite be the go imagine it would stick better to large diameter of the lead over the wire - maybe?!!as i said new to them and havent heard or seen a lot of the brands posted as ive really only checked out kmart and bigw and they seem only to stock squidgies or berkleys - ill have to check the others out

Cam