Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: japan tackle stores

A mate of mine reckons that if what your buying is not manufactured in Oz you dont pay any duty or was it GSt ??

Cammac,
    Not sure if there is a free trade agreement with Japan, but with the States if the product is manufactured in the States there isn't any duty, usually it is only the importers that cop the GST. I think there might be something similar with Japan but can't be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    roo, can you kep us informed of the out come please.
    Looks like a nice way to save a few bucks
    cheers
    Brian
    Status report:

ordered on Friday at 10 am.
    Item received Monday at 11 am

exactly as described. V happy.

Cheers, Roo.

Hey Rod what did u end up getting??

Good on ya roo, sounds like a win

daiwa zillion 100H (japanese domestic 6.3:1 vesion). saved approx $200AU after the transaction fees from paypal.

cheers, roo.
    Last edited by Roo; 23-01-2007 at 08:39 AM. Reason: poor spelling,low caffeine levels

Re: japan tackle stores

A heads up on Shimreel in Japan.

They are not an Authorized Shimano outlet. Therefore if something breaks you're at their mercy(Shimano's policy).

And now, since they aren't shipping certain things to Oz, they are not a viable option.

How do I know? I purchased a Shimano travel rod from them. It broke my first day while fishing in Palau (I was on a deserted island for 1 week); not by my idiocy. I contacted Shimreel and eventually got the information I am reporting.

So, check if the seller is Authorized. If not, let the buyer beware.

Keep yer pole in the water.

Hi Brian,
    He used palpay. All good at our end!!
    Cheers Kim.

I had a very expensive run in with Shimreels. A Stella 10000 was sent through defective about 3 months ago and shipped right back to him within 48 hours. No sign of a replacement reel despite Paypal cover and now he is accusing me of breaking the reel and sending it back to him. Dispute lodged with ebay and Paypal A very nasty seller in my opinion and his feedback negatives involve reels so the fact that he is not an authorised Shimano dealer makes sense in this. Plat have been very good but with the strength of the Australian dollar right now (check out the price of a Stella 10000fa on Campbells right now) and the fact that buying reels out of Australian dealers allows for less warranty hassles I am certainly not going to buy reels from Ebay sellers.

what can u get the new calais for from japan in aussie doller and what store?

Hi,

Does anyone have the link for Ginrepeche tackle store. I cant seem to find it anywhere on the net. IF they no longer around can you please give me the link for another decent tackle store which is worth buying through. ie reliable, honest, and well priced.

cheers,

Just had a look at plat & ginrin. I found it a bit hard to make comparisons with products i am familiar with . Certates,Twin powers, no problem,..... some of the other models?????
    Last edited by rando; 20-04-2007 at 01:23 PM.

Wink Re: japan tackle stores

Quote Originally Posted by Sachin2021 View Post
    I had a very expensive run in with Shimreels. A Stella 10000 was sent through defective about 3 months ago and shipped right back to him within 48 hours. No sign of a replacement reel despite Paypal cover and now he is accusing me of breaking the reel and sending it back to him. Dispute lodged with ebay and Paypal A very nasty seller in my opinion and his feedback negatives involve reels so the fact that he is not an authorised Shimano dealer makes sense in this. Plat have been very good but with the strength of the Australian dollar right now (check out the price of a Stella 10000fa on Campbells right now) and the fact that buying reels out of Australian dealers allows for less warranty hassles I am certainly not going to buy reels from Ebay sellers.
    I ordered an exage 4000 from shimreels which didnt arrive, sent about ten emails via ebay with no luck. sent email direct to jarvis (wiseguy_95@hotmail.com) and bingo got a reply and after a few more emails, mainly trying to trace what happened to the original reel, my new reel arrived as described.