Thread: Cairns Fishing Report.

Brett_Finger

Cairns Fishing Report.

Just a quick one fellas,
    the barra are starting to fire up here in the north,with good fish being taken already,a mate of mine lured up a 40lb Barra in Tinnaroo Dam the other night,and some mates got some fish last night, with a nice barra on the fly!!
    Sootie grunter are comming on the chew in the fresher sections of the rivers.
    some thumper macks have been caught in the last couple of weeks along with plenty of spikey marlin!!!
    there is a international convention in Cairns at the moment with some of the worlds best Marlin fishermen attending.
    so no doubt there will be a lot of keen fishos hitting the water when it's over!!
    i would not be supprised to see some new fly world records fall in the next few weeks!!!
    Hookin, Brett.

Steve

Re: Cairns Fishing Report.

Looks like they are about to fire just as you are getting ready to move to Brisvegas

Brett_Finger

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Hookin, Brett

It'll be sad to see the big fella go , just when the weather turns good #8)and the fish come on....So i will try to keep you's informed about the fish movements in FNQ ...
    And just to let Brett know what he's missing out on...
    Their still getting a few good threadies out the front of Holloways.....

Cheers ....Steve Ooi

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Ooi
    It'll be sad to see the big fella go , just when the weather turns good #8)and the fish come on....So i will try to keep you's informed about the fish movements in FNQ ...
    And just to let Brett know what he's missing out on...
    Their still getting a few good threadies out the front of Holloways.....

Cheers ....Steve Ooi
    Hey Steve,
    Some good threadies in Shoalwater Bay at present too. I lost a metery there (sight cast to it but didn't get a good hook-set as it ran straight towards me & did me while trying to catch up on slack line DOH! ) Saw plenty of others cruisin in packs of 3-5.

Fitz
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Brett_Hoskin

Brett , don't catch them all before you go..leave some for us.

And Julie askes if you can send down all of your gps co ordinates as well 'cause you won't be needing them any more.

Brett_Finger

Yah thanks tall
    Your a big help, hope to see you and you lovley wife soon!!
    hookin, Brett