Thread: Prawns in Glassie creek

Prawns in Glassie creek

We went up to Glasshouse creek sunday 7/4.. started casting the net around at about 5pm and by 6 we had about 1.5 kg's of good size bay's!! now i wanted to use them for bait but my mate wanted to eat them... Bugger!!
    Be good....or Be good at it!!

Re: Prawns in Glassie creek

How were the Sand Flys & Mossie
    Where is the turn off to the creek?
    Harry

Hi harry, We went by boat.... closes ramp is Donnybrook, head out the northern chanel.... when u get to the yellow becan head north about 300m and u will see the green becan (non flasher) that marks the mouth of glassie creek!!!!! It's shallow at low tide ... So keep a eye out!!
    hope this helps ya !!

Hi Cando, Bomber and I were up that little creek a few weeks back and got a few juvenile bream and flatties. There were heaps of castnetters there that day but not too many prawns playin the game.

Still, I reckon that creek at high tide, or rising tide looks terrific for prawns and Jack.

We will be going there again!!

Regards, Randall.

Hi Bomber, We when up there again tuesday and got about 2kg's .... we were doing better in the deeper holes (2m-2.5m) just on dark.... all i am using is a 8ft, cheap net.... and i can't cast to save myself ..... WOW on the jack side of thing, there are some horses up the top part of the creek...lots of old timber in the water = lots of lost jacks
    but great fun all the same ... we are going up again sunday so if ya see a white 4m Qunnie runabout thats me !!!

Opp's sorry i should of said Randall