Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nerang River last night

Re: Nerang River last night

hey moreton man I was chatting with a mate who has a share in a house at kooringal, he was saying this year and last year have fished the best since they've been going there, 20 yrs or whatever. Not surprising that the pros are taking advantage. he reckons it might be the flow on from the tailor netting ban in nsw that is producing the goods. One interesting thing was that he got 2 aussie salmon off short point in july! Can't wait til I can get back over there...

Hi Sharkbait,
    Good to talk with someone who knows the area. We are regular fortnight vistors to Reeders Pt/Short Pt right throughout the year (whiting spec i suppose). we have a mate who owns a place at kooringal and he had been getting good whiting at Reeders during the winter which is new news to us. Usually this area fishes well Sept through Feb. Apparently the pros had been sweating on a patch of whiting coming around the corner into Days gutter. Things have been hit and miss for a couple of years and we have been over on the misses even though the tide and moon phase has been good. I suppose that is why we have been making more visits to the pin through the summer with really good consistent whiting catches. It's always really good to "go home" to reeders and short pt

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    Get catch Moreton Man , there is nothing like going the tonk on a hot whiting bite, there a great fish to have with a few VB's TOO [smiley=clown.gif].
    Mate you did well, did you run out of bait too,, sounds like you could have caught a few more.
    Thanks for the report mate, i carnt wait to get down there and fill the esky.... [smiley=uhoh.gif]

Now I get it.... Moreton Man and Bringback_the _esky (gotta luv that name) .... you two are Finners arn't you ??

Hi Wayne,
    No never before been a finner, but have been City Hall for a LLLLLLLong time.
    rgds
    Md

Hi bring back the esky,
    Still had a s** load of wrigglers left, but had enough and decided to save the rare species for Bribie this coming Sat. Very nice with a VB or Coopers homebrew

lve just got on to this chat if we are talking about taking over a hundred big whiting from the nerang in one night then l disaproove l see catching fish as a privledge one that we should all be enjoyed by all of use .by all means take a feed but dont abuse the resource .if the top amateur gold coast anglers kept all the bream they caught there wouldnt be a bream left on the coast . if this sounds far fetched consider there were five hundred bream caught in two days fishing in the last bream comp all these fish were released . l cant even beleive l am having this chat > > >

stephen millington / spike

sounds like u got a hundred odd whiting and 2 red face anglers that have assumed u kept them all! guys focus ure laser at the right target- the government- join in the chorus of upset anglers mad about the distribution of fish stocks, fresh fish is still a privelledge of the hunter gather as the stuff in shops is garbage, $27/kilo i wouldnt eat it in a curry as its sat in a box for god knows how long, fish and fruit/veg is best local and fresh-most of our local fish goes on a plane to japan and now their marketing it to the usa! so remember who the real target is and dont get sucked in to finger pointing at ourselves- hey i love you's just the same!
    i got 3 flathead and a school jew(great advice in bush n beach about jew from dave downie -meet him at the show- top bloke as with the rest of the bnb crew,keep me sane inbetween fish trips!) me thinks that the mars alinement helped alot(the bright star following up the moon on saturday nite!) also the n-easter-instead of the lowtide westerly during the night!
    but by the sounds some sat at home instead of fishing-watching tv or something real exciting like that!

Hi Spike 2,
    i'm certainly not asking for your approval. If you can't believe your talking on this site, go away. If I, calculate the $ spent over recent months and importantly the time, as well as the poor catches I think we as anglers deserve the now unusual "Hot bite"

Are you saying you sold all the fish you didnt want after you kept the 6 fish each??

Tim

NQCairns

Hi MM I would have kept the first 20 odd then just thinned the rest by thumper and deep hooked, if they were all thumpers then there's going to be alot of work at home before bedtime. glad you had a good trip, no shame in eating fish especially the ones you caught yourself. Keep the reports up. Nq

I find it really hard to reply to such ... question

M.Man ,Very hard to understand ???why so many reading your posts dont understand what they are reading > ,understand ?
    cheers Craig.

dear morton man maybe you are right l know the chamber area pretty what say u and me and four other like minded fishos head down there on the weekend hell we could catch 100 fish each thats six six hundred saturday and 600 sunday . that would really fill our freezers ,and why stop there we could keep going until we get the lot awesome . did you hear about the bass that went over the clarie hall dam there ponded up at the moment we could fill another esky down there , hell lm not thinking big enough lets start a campaign to bring back ring netting and abolish all bag limits .l think we are really onto somthing here let me give it more thought and l,ll get back to you

cheers spike

Spike.. you have no idea. The Nerang River is usually unpredictable and takes an angler with skill and a lot of preperation with correct bait gathering to have a catch like the one Moreton-Man did. You could have thirty boats fishing in this area with only one or two getting fish. You are kidding yourself in saying everybody could load up day after day. It makes your geenie argument very weak. Do us all a favour and spend $100 on your next fishing trip, catch and release the two fish you might catch and leave the rest for Moreton-Man.