Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Coomera Jack

Coomera Jack

Skales will write the report, here's his 80cm jack

Re: Coomera Jack

thats a significant fish , l have seen them that big in the coomera and l have hooked them that big but l have never caught one that big very well done

Brett_Finger

another big breeder down the tubes.

Well said Brett! We complain about the lack of fish around today, yet most of us do f*%k all about it. Catch a trophy fish and take a photo and put it back. Limit your catch, don't catch your limits.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

If it is a creek Jack is it a breeder?

The Gold Coast seems to produce bigger creek Jack then anywhere else. I know some of our leading lights have trouble releasing them into anything other than an esky.

Brett_Finger

Smithy,
    it is a big fish to be still in the system,most have gone to sea at that size.
    a jack that big would be pushing 20 yo.
    Hookin,Brett

thats a huge jack to still be in the creek. woulda hit like a steam train.

Great fish Webby.

Brett, I know what you are saying, always nice to see a fish like that swin away after a photo.

Skales,

Where is the report ? I'm still keen to hear all the intimate details, It's an awesome fish for the Estuary, dead or alive !!

Regards
    Craigie.

Well it was caught mid stream as a storm was coming on a hand line .Bait was fresh mullet, just on the turn of the tide .As for you GREENIES, I have every right to take it as I have been fishing for them for 4 years now in the same spot ,been bustered off many a time ,this is my First. By the way it tasted good too.

Now you've upset the apple cart mate,
    Post your own pic's from now on
    Now pockets and i will have to try harder, although it took you long enough to beat our stats
    I can see a 3 #way fish off coming up real soon.
    Might even invite #cragie and spike 2 to compete with us
    I think every ones entitled to 1 trophy fish, especially after 4 years of trying . But i honestly would say he normally wouldnt keep one like this.
    regards

Thanks Webby/Skales for keeping and eating it, that "thing" would've eaten heaps of fish and wiped out the whole Coomera fish nursery population!!

fisher

There should be a max size on all species that way that fish and other species would still be able to produce more fish for the future.Nice fish !!! shame it died ???.each to there own though.PAUL

Better to have caught it, kept it and eaten it then to have said I had an awesome day and got wiped out 5 times leaving fish to die in any number of ways with hooks or lures hanging out of them.

There are plenty more where that came from the Coomera.

Better again to have caught it, removed the hook, got a photo, and released it. But as Paul said, each to their own.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy