Thread: Over nighter at the "BANKS"

Over nighter at the "BANKS"

Left Kawana at about 2.30pm Friday for a over nighter at the banks. The trip out was brilliant sitting on 55-58 klms the hole way. Looking for Streaker on the way to get a report on the fish scene, but our tracks didn't pass. The trip out there only took about 55 mins.
    Tried my closest mark first and landed a snapper and a red throat in 2 drops. Then Streaker rang on the mobile to give me his report as i was wind in a squire. With his report i thought we would head out deeper and try our luck at those big snapper. Got out there and dropped a couple of times for little peckers and the boys where getting abit anoyed that they hadn't landed any in the boat yet. So we headed back in to find a spot to anchore up over night. As the night got darker the bigger snapper came in with big spangeld sweeties. There was constant action for 4 hours. One of the deckies Dave caught a 4-5 kilo s/sweetlip and you could not shut him up, he was rideing this fish around the deck like a jockey and then turns to me and im calling him Parlap. This fish spent more time out of the esky then in. We ended up with over 20 fish by 11pm. Tried to sleep but the whales were smacking the water and the thought of a shipping liner landing on us was enough to keep any one awake. About 4.30 berleyd up and within 20mins we where back on to more mixed reefies a few big sharks awaitting a free feed. Headed back with the thought of cleaning all of those fish with out any Bundy in hand {as one of the deckies thougth i shoutted piss on the boat} was giveing me a head ache.
    Good to meet Foxy and crew at the boat ramp. Dave looked in Foxy's esky and saw the monster pearly then turns to me and says, would he swap Parlap for it[dream on}
    All in all top trip and good company. Now waitting for next weekend.
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Over nighter at the "BANKS"

Dave and Pharlap
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Matt's fish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

nice fish spiro good effort

good feed of nice size fish mate, i dont know weather the smile on matts face is the fish or just the fact that hes back on dry land! sounds like your catches are improving with every trip! we'll catch up for a trip out there soon. catch ya next time...foxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

some nice fish there! Well done!!!

Good trip there Chris and some nice fish. Catch you soon Wayne

spiro

looks like you got the banks mastered NOW
    so when i follow you'l be able to put in the right spot ???
    good fish and the crew look happy also..
    "whats the time"

Well done Spiro. Some top fish there.

Mark