Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holiday Pics From Bowen

Re: Holiday Pics From Bowen

they are some great fishies what rod and reel is it you are using in the last pic with the bream

Yer mate its so hard leaving that place every year ...I've been pretty lucky in that my grandparents own a cattle station wish goes right down to the coast up there...Have the advantage of local knowledge and great launching sites... Next trip up there is only 6months away now..!!

The rod is a Shimano 7'2 Bream Finesse and the reel is a Daiwa Regal X 2000...

to pics ross. what was the other fishing platform you guys had up there?

Fin addict
    Mate thats beautiful stuff! Looks like the snapbacks pulled their share of the bounty.
    What a superb looking area, it just reeks of top fishing. Shame about the barra, he would have been a nice fish.
    Those flats where you were camping look like the would hold some good sight fishing too. Did you give that a try?

Jealous!!!!!-- Tony

Phil,

you talking about Dressmaker/Shirtlifter or the camo tinny a 12' Savage Barra/Bass boat with the Merc 25? Sorry private joke!

Rossco,

how did the old boy take to SP fishing or was he just for modelling purposes? Looks a bit lumpy out on the Shoals. No red fish - just Trevally? You done anymore night trips the last few years?

Phil,

was going to dub you off a copy of our '99 trip up there when you were talking about those Whitsunday videos a while ago but didn't get a round tuit. The area Ross was fishing was the very northern reaches of the Whitsundays and areas out off Bowen.

Thanks guys(even you Smithy ) The other boat was as Smithy said...3.8m Savage Jabiru done up in Auscam with a 25hp Merc spinning a stainless prop..lol.. Never had the chance to sight fish for Golden Trevally/Barra or Snubnosed Dart this year Tony..Weather just wasn't good enough ...We usually go there every May and this was our 1st Sept trip in a long long time...Only another 6months and i'll be up there smackin' em again Never landed a Red Smithy and only got out to the Shoals once in 3weeks

Needmorerum

Hey FA, what are the arials for on your Boat. Am I right to say there are six arials?

Corry

geez that would have been handy smithy ill know for my next trip up there... and there will be one!! and i thought it was phill with 2 "L's"

G'day Cory...2 of those aerials are outrigger poles mate ..One is for commecial radio,one is VHF,one is am...The 6th UHF Don't mind a chat you know...lol

Gorilla_in_Manila

Hi FA,
    Great report and pics.
    Love the half a barra pic ...
    Skirt chaser hey, ....
    Any relation to this mob:
    http://www.skirtchasers-fishing.com/homepage.htm
    Cheers
    Jeff

"Don't mind a chat you know...lol"

The old Moreton Bay Magpie is our Rossco

OK Phill with two LLs sounds like there is going to be some explaning coming up at the Sailfish Shootout as to how you got your name. The Two Up boys + Jodie have come out of retirement and joined your club so you will be surrounded by more Gympies than you ever thought possible. Hope your liver has its whits about it, the boys from the bush (+Monroe) are about to hit town!

G'day Jeff (aka Gorilla) Nah nothing to do with that group mate Catchy sort of name tho ...lol I'll have a good look at that site... So what trouble are you stirring up now Smithy??? Boys from the bush eh?? Lock up your livestock..!!...lol I'll try and get up and say hi at the comp....What are the dates??

ahh well smithy... the more people from the bush the better... takes all the focus off hanging shit on me!!