Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pin Sat morning

keen_as_mustard

Pin Sat morning

I have been following the posts of the guys fishing the Pin in preparation for the Flattie Classic next week and thought I would add my tale. My mate and I hit the Pin this morning for an interesting session. We managed to avoid most of the weed early and managed 10 flatties, best one at 80cm (see pic below).

Also managed a 66cm Estuary Cod (also below) and a 50cm Tailor - both a lot of fun on 6lb fireline. All fish were caught on soft plastics while targetting flatties. If we can repeat this day next week we would be stoked - very unlikely though the way we fish http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/smilies/confused.gif.

Obviously this was one of our better days at the Pin. How did everyone else go today?

keen_as_mustard

Re: Pin Sat morning

Pic of the Cod.

BTW all fish were released except for the tailor (I've never tasted Tailor before)

fuk guys what top fish. good luck for the classic

Dylan

mate thats a beautiful cod!! if only others could take a leaf out of your book and release cod like that they might be a more common occurence in SEQ estuarys. top lizard as well.
    what was the choice in plastics?

Good to see fish being handled with care to avoid stress and injury during the photo moment too. Tops work guys.

Ben

Sensational Estuary Cod for the Pin and they are about, but getting harder and hader to find good to see it was released

DaneCross

Top result fellas [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Both the tailor and estury cod would have won in thier respective categories in last years comp by a long way... pitty it hasn't started yet, there'd be a couple of trophies heading your way on Saturday otherwise! No doubt you'll be back there during the comp
    We were on the water yesterday as well, actually I think I may have seen you working around the south eastern side of Crueso Is?? I had JB and another fella in my quinny bayhunter - 'Wheeln em in'. We spent a fair bit of time along Kalinga then headed to a few different spots when the tide dropped. We did alright, with a few flathead coming on board and a few dropped (by me ) nothing like your result though
    Top stuff [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    Dane
    P.S. We'll have to catch up at the comp. Come and say Gday, I'm not hard to miss, I'm guessing I'll be the only young larrikan in a wheelchair

DRUNK larrikan in a wheel chair even?!

Well, u have made me very jealous , thats an awesome cod such great colours came out in photo too, and the flatty is a snodger.. looking N/W and windy as next week should make things interesting !

DaneCross

Quote Originally Posted by jeffo
    DRUNK larrikan in a wheel chair even?!
    LOL Jeffo.. Yeh I'd say we'll have a few to recover from our looong days fishing - any excuse
    DC

great effort guys, i c u had trouble with weed when was it the worse on the makin tide or droppin? i was down the broad water last week and it was terrible as well and only managed a few lizards round the 55cm mark on soft plastics aroung curigee on south straddie

deb

Great to see a cod!!!!
    We were out moving around from Coomera right up to the powerlines, didn't really get any decent lizards, still plenty of late spawining bream and ....Blackall er Morwong er Slate Bream..... darn it a !!!mother in law!!!! and it was a school of them
    we moved.
    And after we got absolutely lost in the back blocks, don't know who they were, had shimano stickers and bob boat something stickers on their centre cab, but if your'e reading this. Thank you for giving us the directions out!!!

Thats a lovely flatty and that cod is absoultley magnigicent what sp's produced the big fish

keen_as_mustard

Thanks for the support guys - as I said this was a good day for us. I would like to get catches like that everyday, but that's fishing!

Jeffo - plastic of choice was Squidgy 100m Fish - Neon and Killer Tomato colour.

Dane - I also checked last year's results and realised the cod and tailor were bigger than what was caught during the classic - fair chance we won't get them like that next week! Yes we were working Crusoe, among other spots. I will say g'day at the Classic - sounds like I'll find you at the bar?

JB - you're the one who has been making me jealous the last few weeks with your pics - just thought I would return the favour while I could. N/W winds and weed - sounds alot like last year's Classic!

Timor - weed was definitely worse on the runout - may have been the spots we fished though. Kalinga Bank is definitely one of the worst spots for weed up the Pin.

Good luck to all fishing the Classic - I know we will need it.

Marty_z,

Very nice fish mate, sure put smiles on your faces , you obviously know what your doing, keep up the good work [smiley=2thumbsup.gif], don't think any info I could give would improve your score card.

DC,

Sounds like you guys had a good day out as well.

I went down there on Sunday with 2 crew, mainly trolling hard bodies. We got 7 lizards into the boat and lost 3 right beside it, dropped a couple more before they were close. The two longest fish were 68 & 66cm.
    How bad is that bloody weed , couldn't troll 30 m with out fouling the lure.

Best of luck to you all in the Comp, should be plenty of fish caught this year.
    A mate of mine named Andy will be fishing it, he'll be the smiley guy in the 5.00m Freedomsport (Quinnie) & 80, 4 stroke Yammie.

Might see you on the water Saturday Morning.

Regards
    Craigie.