Thread: Sunnie Coast Sunday

Sunnie Coast Sunday

OK, didn't see to many reports from the weekend ?

Just the quick version of what happened then.

Last minute decision ( due to belief that the wind would be NOT what the BoM predicted ), to head to Mooloolaba.

Stinky_Brad ( Brad )and sharkbait ( Kris ) as crew and off, arriving at Moobar at 4.30am. #Little wind. # Payneful ( Sam ), called us up on the VHF to say it was a little choppy going out. #No probs in ReBait.

Hit Caloundra 12 mile area # # # # and baits away. #With a couple of good size squire on board, the Parrot were starting to chew. #Kris missed a couple of good hits. #Just a bit picky, those fish #

Weather turning from good to very good and wind dropping out with the rising of the sun. #Enough for a good feed in te esky so off to do what the plan was, and that was to collect bait. #The grounds around Currimundi holds good numbers Yakka and Slimies. #But not today.

The pick hit the bottom in about 18mtrs. #Jigs down, but alas, nudda ! #Then Kris said he thought he saw schoolies under the boat. So on goes one of " Those " slugs. #Bang ! #Bonito ( Watsons ). #So Brad and Phill ( dats me ) slugged up, and all hell broke loose. #for the next 40-45minutes, we could not miss. #handfulls of berley going out every 5 minutes and Bonito after Bonito were hitting the floor of the big rig. #In amongst the Bonito were Yakka, and these were monsters, between 30 -35cms, some could have been 40. And YES, they were taken on " Those ' slugs. #

It got to a stage where we just had to run the slug over the top of the water to get a hit, even had one jump out and grab the slug as I was about to cast ! # # # #These fish were suicidal.

Arms getting tired, floor of boat covered in blood and Bonito. Wind has picked up to 10-12knots, white caps appearing to be increasing in numbers. #Home ? #sure !

A good run home, after having contact with Sam, who seemed to be going good on Pearlies.

So, with enough bait for a few trips out and a good feed of Squire and Parrot, 'twas a good decision and a good day. #Rebait used 42ltrs for the day, and the Nissan was economical as usual.

Result was no pics # # # # # # # #but, 65 Bonito and 20 Yakka.

and NO Kris, ReBait is NOT for sale. # # # # #

Cheers #Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Sunnie Coast Sunday

Good going Phill, sounds like a top day and considering the forecast, you guys surely made the most of it!
    Plenty of bait for the next few trips eh?

Well done boys.

Herby

Got any bait 4 sale ?
    Might need some for the weekend.
    Might have to get me a few of those slugs phill it's just about time to stock up.
    How was the 9.30 bite time?

G'day Phil!
    Bugman delivered those slugs for me yesterday, will give em a try hopefully toward the end of the week.

Regards, Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill

#Kris missed a couple of good hits. #
    Thanks for dobbing me in Phill

Was a great morning out though, not very often you experience fishing like that.

And yes there was one lone schoolie pulled up, but a little fella at 47cm.

Thanks again Phill, and nice to meet you Brad.

cheers, Kris.

yo, lucky phill. looks like you had a good day. tell me, are those rotten grinners still there. they drove us mad earlier in year. fish were there , but couldnt get at them. all the best, kevy.

onya phill
    sat at home should have given it a go need bait bad, will give it a go this w/end when the weather is s%$thouse as usual.

G/day phillo sounds like you guys had a fun day out and got the bait sorted for a while I like others was put off by the 15 knt northerly forecast and did the job thingy should have known better always next time. PS dont forget me on the next trip phill always keen for a run in rebait.

CHEERS RAY

Grinners Kevy ? have never caught a grinner there ?

Then again, my baits never usually go anywhere near the bottom, unless, of course, there is Parrot on the sounder.

Yes Kris, I had to mention that. buts that's fishing hey ? Just getting to know the area and the tricks the fish get up to.

The Squire, ' bite' was first up, Mark. 9.30 and the parrot were on the chew. Who knows ?

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here