Thread: fraser

fraser

A call from reefmaster had me jump at the chance to crew on a boat out of hervey this week, thanks greg this was to be a week long offshore trip and loading gear/ice/food and fueling took hours, we departed urangan by lunchtime saturday and steamed to the north, somewhere up around rooneys I spun up a 7kg tuna, it went into the bait bin. dropping the pick by sundown up around the cape in calm seas anticipation was high for the following days. #

big parrot and lots of them were the highlight on the first day, we spent a few days outside heading south to the gardners and donging fish along the way etc but nothing special.. the northerly was rolling the boat hard at night and getting a good night sleep meant returning to the bay, at least you get a good troll along the western side of the spit doing that it became apparent the fish were going off the chew every day more and more, some of the best country you would ever see with fish on it and it was slow going, winge about ferkin northerlys over LOL, the fishing wasnt what it should be for out there, #2-3 pound of lead in 60m being what was needed, go lighter and it was soon bellied out. drift or anchor made little difference, by that stage it was apparent that the pelagics were a keenly sought target, at every opportunity, I had pakulas bubbling in the wake, big minnows as well, mackerel and yellowfin were to be common captures, one particular example out past the cape shoal saw a triple on school fin, highlights for me were fighting a nice tiger with help from craig and eventually releasing it, seeing some spanish take lures at 11 knots, the ratchets nearly explode The captain Stuart was a champion, never learned as much in a weeks fishn, plenty of stories to tell but will save for another day, a few pics for now.
    Rob

Re: fraser

on the troll, jeffo u would have been proud LOL

the secret bait, right in the middle of a good read you are bound to get a hit

the night time entertainment

Good stuff rob!!! Some good catches there whether the fishing was slow!

yes rob i am proud.. getting those bottom bashers trolling lures can prove hard from time to time.. but did you get any bills?

Good one Robbo
    I hope you enjoyed the trip. Cant complain when its all paid for and also get paid aswell 8). Just dont forget who gave you that

Cheers Greg

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

Geez Rob, lloks like fun.

Looks like your using your own gear there # #was that for you or the paying clientele?

Kris.

Jeff, no bills, a lot of the time we were doing 8 knots at least maybe too fast? not that there were many signs but we didnt work them if there were.. #no marks on the line from missed hits anyway...
    thanks again Greg, it was a dirty job but someone had to do it never tied so many rigs before though, I know how the chinese bait jig fabricators must feel Kris, I had a couple of rods on board but they all had there own gear, around 10 tld 20-30s on top shelf rods. all the lures were mine, and apart from a couple of chewed skirts they all came back.
    On the second day I lost my rod over the side about 20ks north of fraser, no tigers got me as I went into the depths after it but the sunnies are missing in action, how good are tlds though! that reel will get a service soon but it still managed a tiger shark a few days later with no noticeable effects!
    Rob

ohh they were there rob