Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mapoon

Re: Mapoon

Jumpedthe gunn on ya a bit there Mark!
    Bloody awsome quality and variety, well done!

regards, Tony

Well done buddy! Bet you are glad that you found the tracks on the last day..... Would have made sleeping a little hard knowing there was big fella nearby.

Sure did!! BTW the slide in the middle is only the back half of the tail. The croc actually walked up to the frame, not slid, which gives you an idea of the size considering the prints are still nearly 3 feet wide 8)

Great report Mark, and pics to boot.

Good to see the family gettin involved, what an education !

I might just look that place up on a map somewhere, to get an idea of where you are.

Still missin the nth.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Done it. Mapoon is 80k's north of Weipa.

Aboriginal Community, which has the Wenlock River and Ducie Rivers at Port Musgrave. I also see that Kerr Reef is 9nm from Cullen Point, so a short trip.

Also quiet a few creeks coming off the Wenlock and up to 45k's can be traversed from the mouth.

That Red Beach area looks the place to camp ?

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Great report mate

Port Musgrave is a huge bay so the river mouths are to far for a tinny to travel. My brother took my mates quinny up to the mouth of the Wenlock one day and it took ages, very rough weather. I'd like to fish it one day though. The creek opposite Cullen Point (Red Beach) on the other side of the bay is pretty close and quite an extensive system plus a lot of inshore reefs to fish so we were just happy to stay close to camp as there was plenty of fish to keep us happy.
    Mark

Bloody Gwynne - i knew i should have stowed away in the back of the Nissan at the Weipa campground instead of flying back to cairns - The boss is going to owe me big time for me having to miss this trip!!!

you'd better get home here so i can check out the video footage - there's no way we're not going north in November now!!! - we'll sort some dates as soon as you are back.

oh yeah - nice Longtails - pity they were a bit on the small side - no not sour grapes at all

geez - that crocs a worry - when i think of how much time we spent fishing at the waters edge up there last time (at night too!!!) - maybe a few campers have been leaving fish along the beach???

some great fish though - might have to pay Brendan another visit again soon. (handy him having his boat up there hey).

sure is mate. He wants to camp at Janie Creek and I'm all for it. I think Easter is the best time but if we can make it.
    May have to fly eh?

What an awesome reveiw! I thrive off reports like urs daintree! Im planning a trip for next year early Nov, looks like this place maybe an option too. Ive heard from my oldies weipa has the best fishing, even from the banks!! Once again great report and great pictures hope your family and yourself had a ball!

Cheers
    Shane

sidewayz

looks like a top fishing trip daintree. was up at cow bay at the end of the last year staying with my uncle. got smashed up on some mega big stuff there. really keen to fish the gulf sometime when i get some time off. great photos.

sidewayz

I don't know daintree boy - you put a post like this up and then turnaround and say it wasn't good enough and that we should go back when it'll be better fishing - some might think you're spolied (but not as bad as Brett yet!!)

i say you can have your barra - we can get them other places other times - that there looks good enough for me (it was last time up we were up there - different moon this time around hey)