Thread: "12 Mile" today

"12 Mile" today

Went to the 12 mile today and stayed there to give it a deccent go. Things where promiseing at the start of the mornning with a couple of nice snappa 2.5-3 kilo. The deckie Dave was abit quiet till he nailed a 14kilo cobia, then you couldn't pull him out the clouds[another Pharlap]. The conditions where getting better every hour average speed 45klm's. Caught more squire and 1/2 dozen parrot nothing huge. All in all a top day and a deccent feed.
    Dave's cobia
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: "12 Mile" today

Dose any one know what these are. Caught around 25-30 today. Not bad fillet bait for parrot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey Chris,,,

You wouldn't happen to have any rdo's next Monday Tuesday or Wednesday?? Taking the family to Alexandra Headlands for a few days. Just not sure if I will take my boat if I can deckie with someone else. By the way, did you check the other post on bait tank fittings?

Cheech

we call those things "red fish" we get them by the hundreds on the bait jigs out on the rubble ground. get a few bigger ones (about 25-30cm's) they have white flesh but i am yet to eat em...
    nice cobe...seams they were EVERYWHERE on the weekend.. by the 12 mile are you refering to caloundra?

they are pinkies spiro proper name is butterfly bream good chewing mate just like whiting

SeaJay

I'm going with bakes...a species of Nemipterus I believe....sometime confused with juvenile rosy jobfish.

Last time i was up at Hervey Bay a few months back there were plagues of them. Pretty common there apparently.

Yeah they make good bait. I cut a few up and caught many more of the little sods

Cheers
    David

CHRIS

mobile didnt work out there and the boat radio was switched off.

how did you go locating livies. we looked but no find...
    found some great ground where the snappa came from, next time i will take the cat and if you like .. follow...
    launch from the northern side what great ramps...not a lot of run but i guess you all ready know this..
    my first time.......

did you get any snappa ????
    "whats the time"

Nice Cobia Chris & sounds like you had a good day for it and ended with a nice mixed bag .

Cheers

Mark

well done Chris I heard from Sam last night His report isn't as good as his previous one's.
    Wayne

Good stuff chris (and dave) sounds like dave out did you mate! He likes this doing laps around the boat stuff, lol. Those little butterflys ya caught ( i have worse names for them) are usually caught drifting and tend to be found just off of the structures and hard bottom and are common in the areas we fish that produce parrot, they are good eating but ya rarely catch them of any real size, but you dont need them anyway theres plenty of cobe to chew on mate! ...foxy

Jeffo
    by the 12 mile are you refering to caloundra?
    Yes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice cobe

I spent half the day looking for livies but they were no where to be found (searched high and low and WIDE). Managed to put a few (read 5) yakkas in the bait tank. Had one out under a float all day in hope to nail a cobe or something but no luck. Yakkas are no match for slimies.

Tried to ring you but phone was playing up, only messages came through (bad reception?)

Score for the day 4 pearlies (millions of undersize ones), 2 snappery squire, spangled emperor.

Cheers

Sam.

Nice cobes Chris, looks like the inshore grounds are'nt fishing to bad. beats going to work on a Monday.

Luke

I'm so depressed.

I should have had an RDO on Monday but we are so busy at work I had to come in. From the photos it looks like Monday was a perfect day to have off. Should have taken a sickie...

Nice fish. I would love to catch a Cobia like that.