Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Flathead Classic. report.

Re: Flathead Classic. report.

DC, It'a just the mangrove tree looked familar

Fished it this morning against the north/westerly nothing over 45cm, then slipped back around the front, on the change of tide but just too much weed. even the bait fisho's were finding it hard.

Most productive spot today was in front of whalley's.

Cheers Lyndo

Hi - I also fished in front of Whalley's in a vain attempt to stay out of the wind for the first two days of the classic, and also a bit on the Wed prior as well. Actually pulled up 7 flatties in 25 minutes on the Wed before getting absolutely smashed by a croc sized lizard there. Unfortunatly had to then leave to pick up Dad as he was coming down on the Train before the main event. 2 out of the last 3 classics have had insane northerlies... what do you reckon next years weather will be like...?

Attached is my entry for the unusual catch for the tournament an"Ironbark Trumpeter" I think.

Also Me smilin' for the camera... I got within 2 names being called out to win that boat. You can tell how I am not dissappointed at all. Still... this means I have to get a new boat now, cause there is no way I'll fit this esky in my current 3.4m punt.

Also have to get a new crew for next year since Dad said that this would be his last. Serves him right for catching his first fish only 2 hours before stumps on the last day. Talk about dead weight! (i'm just getting him back for showing me up last year)

Gaday all .
    just a further update from the flattie classic.
    the Hole of our team decided to join the Gold Coast Sportfishing Club, $40 for my family, or $20 for a single.
    they /we meet second Thursday every month at the venue of the comp.7pm till 9:30 10pm.
    first nite David Green gave us an insight into the tactics his team used to win the comp. ???
    he talked for about an hour non stop,we and most others didnt have a hope in heck of comming close. his planing and strategies were straight from some big business corperation style in depth planing, with double backup plans and what if the weather or tide does this or that.
    it was the most informative talk on fishing/ comando style tactics ive ever listened to it was great.
    it explained why his team caught 93 fish for the comp and ours caught 12 approx.
    but with the extra knoledge theres always next year
    and some of his tactics where very sneeky, like when he had a tail so to speek, ( everyone following he would take them for a drive to see some other competitor that people knew like douge burt. and fish there for couple casts then bugger off on his own. clever stuff.
    anyway still trying to access the results from club records should be next month, fingers crossed.
    till next update

cheers Cloud 9.
    then it realy gets ughly

Some interesting information from talks like that huh cloud9, i've been to heaps now, 2-3 of dougs at southport and 2 of greenies. They help so much, kinda fill in the blanks so to speak. I think doug does talks on first thrusday of each month at soutport VMR. I spent a lot of time with plans of attack this yr so i think it paid off . Sometimes though plans have to be modified on the spot so thats where a good angler makes the right decisions i think .

Jas

not sure jas but i think you kicked my butt this year cant wait to see the results!!
    then it realy gets ughly

DaneCross

I can wait

dont worry Dane i think some did worse than yourself.
    was speeking to guy there at the comp on day 2 and their team had caught 1 fish.so far. [smiley=help.gif]

Cheers Cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly