Thread: 9 and 12 mile on Sunny Coast

9 and 12 mile on Sunny Coast

Got to the Kawana boat ramp at 4.15 am and saw the rain comeing right at us. It was that load that we herd it before we saw it, so yes snappa we did get a WET ARSE . Headed to the 9 mile in 15-18 knot nne winds with about 1.5 m swell and 1 m of shit on it[very lumpy]and the rain was gone. Fished for 2 hours and caught 2 snappery squire and a couple of parrot just on size. Then we headed to the 12 mile for a lot of peckers and a 2.5kilo grassy sweetlip. By this time we where useing 2 ten balls on a drift and still couldn't hold bottom. I couldn't anchore as someone was getting greener by the second. At this time the wind had started to drop but the swell and sea had picked up and turned to white caps. It was a long trip back takeing about 1 1/4 hours to get back, its also lucky that i have self draining deck. The days total 5 eatables and 8 grinners.
    Anyone travelling back from the RAINY COAST at 2pm yesturday see what the hold up was? Theres nothing worse than stop starting towing your tub in pissig rain.
    Jeffo was that you trolling just out from the 12mile? If so no wonder that you have a bar on there how big is the boat?
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: 9 and 12 mile on Sunny Coast

The biggest fish of the day a 3 kilo snappery squire that the brother caught before getting sick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Are yes chris looks as though a good day was had by all. I'll wait for that 10knt day it has to come soon.
    Wayne

Whats the go with the broken rod in background?

looks pretty lumpy but still some nice fish..
    a good read

Dylan

chris

you forgot to mention the broken rod tip...
    not your new live fibre..... ???
    you in the same area as jeffo.... no white caps..
    "whats the time"

ps

Thursday: SE/NE winds 10/15 knots.

i have been invited to fish thursday...
    "
    "whats the time"

Anyone travelling back from the RAINY COAST at 2pm yesturday see what the hold up was? Theres nothing worse than stop starting towing your tub in pissig rain.

Hi Spiro,
    On most week ends the Bruce Highway clogs up between about 2:30 and six, between Bribie turnoff and Pine River bridge. Long week ends or really good weather and its worse, I avoid it around then.
    Yesterday you would have caught the Noosa Triathalon traffic. #

Quote Originally Posted by -spiro-
    Anyone travelling back from the RAINY COAST at 2pm #yesturday see what the hold up was? Theres nothing worse than stop starting towing your tub in pissig rain.
    Jeffo was that you trolling just out from the 12mile? If so no wonder that you have a bar on there how big is the boat? #

There was an accident between a 4wd and a Commodore. From the looks of things the 4wd didn't even have time to hit the brakes, as the Commodores' boot was getting friendly with its glovebox.

There was another accident at 9:00pm too. 4 towtrucks, 5 cops, 2 ambos.

People just dont slow down enough in the wet conditions. The Bruce Highway is notorious (sic) for having a lot of standing water.

Cheers
    Mickk

do you think its speed? or just a general lack of concentration span and ability to focas?
    i remember peter brock at bathurst his last win in the vk commodore- it looked like he was a "drifter" racer!. there has been a long time between rains here in seq in the last 5years.
    i reckon people need to watch the road not just slow down -too many "32meg ram's on dial up!" about on the road up here. sometimes people need pressure to stimulate neural progression.
    if you only police speed and you never attend the "negligent" and "incapable" what happens when you get another 500 new motorist a week?
    all slowing down does is lead to more "lost plots". for me this frikken state and local government needs to recruit some capable civil engineers and get contractors that arent in "situation" with the contract managers!
    how long does it take to make 3 lanes to noosa! ffs!
    why stuff around make 4 lanes! cause this seq is becoming the aussie equilevent of LA.
    sorry for my digression- must be a lost plot myself' at lest sometimes i wonder!.
    i was caught up in a simular situation in the "dry" 4weeks ago on a "sunday" back from mooloolaba myself.

nice "sharp tooth" spiro, your keen thats for sure you must be in your first "couple of years" of offshore fishing up here(as i remember my own first "couple of years"). it isn't worth the pounding and sore necks/backs in sloppy shit seas like that, i reckon a few locals cruised out close around 2pm and battle snapper not traffic.
    gee i watched too much derryn hinch as a kid- no wonder they jailed him!
    damon

Gee damo you use a lotta big words mate, lol.
    At least you caught something chris, all i got was a sore bum and wet in the tinnie.
    I ran into some fellas that did real well out that way sunday but they also coped it in an open boat. Fish for dinner again mate ...foxy

we went no where near caloundra 12 mile.. must have been one of the other boats.. there was 4 game boats on the water yesterday.

Well done Spiro It is good to see you at least got a couple for putting in the effort, not to mention the sore backs. You had a better day than me, I was siting at home wondering if I should have gone or not.

Mark

I sort of did the opposite. Just bought my new boat 2 weeks ago (5.5m Mustang), just sold my old boat on the Saturday, so was more interested to see how it went in a blow rather than catching fish.

So Sunday my 7year old (knows no fear) and I headed off to Sandgate at about 8.00 am into the wind and whitecaps just to have a bit of fun. We certainly did that. It was a blast. The new boat did everything I could have hoped. We blasted into waves, surfed a few, got soaked (didn't put up the storm covers). At one stage I looked over to see if Jake was ok an all I saw underneath the lifejacket was the biggest smile. After an hour or so we headed back in. Great Sunday morning.

Is amazing the difference with a big glass boat compared to a small tinnie.

Drevil, if you read this,,, thanks for selling me your boat. I love it.

Cheech

Pete that was early in the day, white caps at around 10am ???.
    The traffic- come to think of it we did see numbers on a few people at moby vic's.
    2 of us still had a top day even though it was rough
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]