Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1770

Re: 1770

Smithy, bait was hard to come by, last trip though we had no trouble, most of the reefies fell to mactuna chunks, as far as you could see all along rodds peninsula tuna busted up, we even got them up the creek where the yachts anchor. you'll have to get back there for old times sake, there are a few commercial crab setups around, 1 being in chinamen creek and another down the creek a km or 2 on an island, you remember em?

the spanish was 173cm. the one Paul got the day before bottomed the 25kg scales, I called it a 25 before it was weighed and bens was more solid, I gave it 30.

devocean, there are no signs to say it isnt designated, many people camp in the area, we must have seen 10 setups.

HOW JEALOUS AM I !!

Nice fish fellas !...bloody nice spanish ...ALL of em !

way to go !

i am dying to put a rod in the water .
    Just got back from the work trip around the country ...got one week back in Brisvegas and am planning on hitting the blue water this weekend !
    Next week i am in India ....doubt i will be finding anything there .. will have missed half the season before i get some decent time at home !

gotta get out for a fish with you again in the new year Rob !

top report AGAIN
    dont think ive ever seen a crap report from you Rob
    top effort.

Cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly

Awesome stuff I would be totally happy to catch a mackral and a jack in the same year let alone the same week and the size of the macks great stuff if the boat was over the gunnels on the way there how'd you get home with all the weight of the fish as well as the ones that probably jumped into your boat in surrender on the way home ???

Cheers
    Matty

Hi Rob..!! Your a deadset legend mate [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] Top effort bloke....

Rob and Ben
    Awsome fellas! Considering the weather thats one hell of a good trip! Congrats on the spanish Ben, what a hooter!!!!! That one of Pauls on the snapback is a pearler too.
    It seems the spanish are just getting thicker and thicker at the moment, was on one of the beaches yesterday and the birds were working schools of spanish that looked to me like absolute monsters. The splashes were around 4-5ft long, and the birds were working them about every 4-500m around 200m offshore!

Rob- Ya missed some of my Jack (see reports shortly). Good stuff, As I've said before

Your a legend Mate!!!

Regards, Tony

mackmauler I'm sure you were still there when i got to panckake on Saturday i recognise your camp site. we called it paradise with all the palm trees, we camped back up the creek on the left side heading up about 400m past the last yacht (sand flies were thick) i will be posting my report soon. but no spaniards

Hi Rob,
    Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound. Thanks again to you and Ben for the hospitality and might catch up over xmas for a beer or two.
    Cheers Mate and keep that gaff sharp,
    Pete.

Hey boys,

Is Pancake north or south of 1770. And how far and where do you lauch you boats...

Were the Spanish caught on Skirts or hardbodies

Thanks

Love the stories...

Dom
    "Reef Hustler" - Seafarer Victory 6.0m & 225hp Honda

Hey Guys,

Good to see you got a few more! So you reckon the curly-headed one skunked me eh? Good onya mate!

I'm still smiling over this puppy!

Told the folks back home that I got it on a Snapback with no wire and they are just shaking their heads, cause its got more laughing gear than a Northern pike on steroids.....

Bloody good fun.

Paul

Hey Dom, Mine was caught on a Pink 4 inch Snapback with a 1oz TT jig head. Nibbles lost 3 Snaps to fish before I hooked up. Probably should have been using wire

Don't know why my photo didn't turn up, trying again....
    Paul

Hmmm still deleting my photo, Here's one of Rob.....

rename it
    example paul233 or similar

Dom,
    its about 15 miles from 1770 boat ramp to the north over open water, when the wind comes up from the south you wont get back in a 15 footer loaded. launching at the bottom of the creek to avoid the open water run is risky all summer as the track is subject to heavy rain, a winch on your car would be wise imo.

rob

Hey Pete and Paul,

Good to see you blokes getting on here. Hope the rest of your trip was full of good fishin and good times.

Looking forward to the pics. To post them though, you need to rename them to something simple without any symbols in the filename. Any symbols and the server will reject it. So, stick to just alpha numeric characters.

Regards

Ben