Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1770

Re: 1770

Nice going Mackmauler [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Be up that way soon (12 more sleeps) can't wait!!

Big_Kev

Another good trip Rob.
    Good to see.

holy shit looks like like a top trip.... nice when the wind is blowing you can go and pick up some cod and jacks and trout...

Top pics boys

Dylan

was there a spear gun involved with the big one ben did the seal strike again haha

tom, thats my creek gun, there was to be no swimming anywhere near the mackerel grounds, too many sharks out there.

Hey robbo some serious spanairds there mate, top effort boys. Bring on the pelagics !

CHEERS RAY

Hey Benny,

That's a rare Chameleon Cod you caught there

Bloody good going as usual, the both of ya's!

I'm only jealous a LITTLE teeeeeeensy bit >

Cheers,

r

Ohhhhhh what can I say....a week at Pancake getting tangled up with Jacks, Trout, Cod and Macks....doesn't get much better. Whilst weather could have been a little kinder in the wind department, good fish were taken early on fortunately.

No spearing outside Tom...saw a huge hammer chasing up a parrot on the first day and that was enough to convice me that my niche was in the somewhat more sheltered ground of the creek.

Render, lol....showed a few people the pic of the cod tonight and a some didn't see the fish at first. Few stabs made about the camo etc.

Big thanks to Rob for a great trip. Was awesome to knock two fish off my "never caught" list.

Regards

Ben

Good to see you got into the Gold Spot Estuaries and not the Wire Netting Cod. That North Reef out from Janson's has got to be the home of those pesky Wire Nettings.

Were you getting good liveys? Never really cracked it up there for a good live bait spot. Used to take a few Herring out form the creek and that was about it. Some guys told me about the bommies in front of Clews point holding bait but I never found it. Eventually got a bait mark a few miles out from Peter Stevens but have never really been back to Pancake much once we started to get into bigger boats.

Well done Maria on the Spanish. Very jealous. Never got one over 20kg and it is one of my goals. 16kg seems to be tops for me. How big are those buggers going to be come April, May, June? Time to start rigging up Schoolie Mackerel and the the like.

Smithy,

Thanks mate...was a great capture and definately got the heart going.

I think if I ever see another wire netting cod again I'll freak. Trolling diving minnows through the creek around the coral produced these pesky little shites in their dozens - they just don't give up.

Ben

Get a hair cut you hippies

Ohhhh and rob?
    me and the missus love the tuxedeo shirt you wear lmao

Well, wat can i say boys, very very jealous .... Those big spainards are mean lookin fish. On a snapbak too, cant believe it.

How heavy was the biggest spainard?

Nice work Boys....
    "Reef Hustler" - Seafarer Victory 6.0m & 225hp Honda

Just interested about your camp site is that an actual designated camp site area?