Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TROUT,CRAYS,TUNA

Re: TROUT,CRAYS,TUNA

Good to see you haven't lost your touch while on holidays

Mark

Well done foxy. I look forward to your reports and they always deliver. How far out to the shelf up there? Tony

Nice work dfox you certianly go FISHIN when you go fishin

Cheers
    Matty

Great stuff Dave.
    some ripper fish mate and a great variety as well. Thanks for those red pics mate you have me wanting to get back out and nail some more.

Did you get any Jobbys?

Cheers Greg

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

Good stuff Foxie!
    Hooter spaniard

Regards, Tony

krtazy

great fish mate how big did your dads trout go

You said to watch the reports BUT far out! Well done mate, some awesome fish there.
    You can take the boy out of Innisfail but you can't take ....

Herby

p.s. a belated merry xmas and happy new year to ya mate.

Tony the shelf starts about 45miles out and runs south east away from the coast
    Greg-we caught a couple of gold bands in 70mtrs,but no real monsters, probably about 5lb fish, i got really soughted out by some monster chinamen one trip, i let them go because of this stupid protection law, normally use them for bait. Didnt manage any blue cod at all, you must caught them plenty of nice red throat and a few species i want to show Ern Grant to positively identify, one i think is a dark tailed sea perch and another is like a member of the job fish family we call a sling jaw, the best trout we got was about 10kg i think, although there was some big footballer trout as well.
    this is one darren had to let go over 80cm.

I copied a photo of a sling jaw, there unique in the fact that there gills are a silver frost colour instead of red like most fish

Top post makes my trip to coff's look pretty sad
    but ill be headin north this year .
    the blues can get stuffed

Cheers Cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly

I bow down to the new crayfish master - I'll now have to change my avatar.

That is one of the biggest crays I've ever seen - it my go close to pipping the 15lbp southern rock lobster stuffed in the dive shop at Launceston.

Dave - in terms of spearguns - we could follow the southern states where you can't even use a hook - let alone a spear when chasing the buggers. Hope not.

Bugman

Im with you bugman that cray is massive need a power head for that bugger. Nice trip Dfox love that area as I was born in Tully and lived at Mission for a while. Hoping to get amongst them mysel fin the next couple of days cyclone prevailing

Great pics foxy! Some nice trout in amongst that lot.
    Cheers, Mark.

Good work Dave [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Very pi#### off [smiley=veryangry.gif] I could'nt make this year but thems the breaks.
    Looks like milton has done me on biggest trout , but there's always this year.
    Happy new year and hope we can do darcy on the snapper this year

Dave,
    I'm only new to this site (in terms of writing posts/replies), but I've been reading other peoples posts for some time. You and REEFMASTER are dead set fish magnets. I've never seen such consistency (both quantity and quality) in my entire life. I only dream of being able to consistently perform like that. Keep up the great work. One of these days I just know I'm gonna score a catch worth writing a post for, just any one of these days now.....