Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lord Who???

Re: Lord Who???

nice capture it looks like a buitiful place to go to and it look
    like you and your mates had fun catching all those kingfish and all the other types off species caught up there hope you had a good time. And some off those kingfish.

OMG I wanna go soooo bad. I saw this place on rex hunts once and ever since ive wanted to go.... Now I wanna go BAD. Some nice fishies boys!!!

This was the only fish that wanted to play fair in the gulch!
    Well done Jason and duncs that's a lot of yellowfin

double header

Couldn't get the yellow version on film.
    These stinkys (silver drummer) are hard work on light tackle.

Gee wizz Dave. Must have been a big marlin. did you get to see him?

Looks like some great fishing, those kingings would have been a lot of fun...

Fished the SW Dropoff again today. Current really working well up against the edge, great shows on the sounder between 110m & 140m. Trolled out to the edge and had a huge strike on 50lb gear. Big blue marlin over 200kg last seen balistic heading towards Coffs Harbor. Later in the morning after landing a few more big kings up to 22kg a first time fisher hooked up to what was thought to be a nice trevally. Not far from landing the fish quickly grew to something much bigger. The rod a shimano T- Curve 400 with 14000 spherous and 50lb braid was quickly handed over to my deckie tom. The line started to rise out of the water and a black marlin estimated 120kg jumped out astern of the boat. 40 minutes later the marlin was almost alongside and the 200lb leader let go due to abrasion at the hook. All in all a very memorable day at Lord Howe. Another good catch of kings.

alraigt dave thats no fair!
    no more reports from you because you make us mear mainlanders too jelous

Nice work there Dave! Thanks so much for the trips out with you.
    It's a bit funny picturing something that big being bought in with an eggbeater.
    They seem to do the job better than any overhead with those big kings, so why not marlin!!! good onya mate. You and Tom just keep on enjoying your holiday

Haha nice Dave. I remember you having a go at me because the leader I was using was too light - and let go on a king!
    Mate, insanely jealous is all I can say.
    I got another wahoo today, but only 12 kg. Also got an Aus record whaler. But I'd swap it any day for another big king!
    Wes