Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lord Who???

Re: Lord Who???

Another happy customer on board with Jack.

Nice fish. Has been on my list of places to fish for years and I will get around to it one day.
    The fish is either a red snapper or a nannygai. #

drawn

i have some very bad news for you now!!!
    once you go to lord howe you will never get it out of your system and will never want to go anywhere else
    me and the misses spent two weeks over there and althought that was some time ago we just can't wait to get back over there
    just wondering do you do a fish with oblivion fishing dazza and crombie???

balls pyramide sure look great from a distance but does nothing untill your sitting right next to it and your not half wrong about the action over there atleast twice as good as the action around the island and as you know thats pretty hot!

did you also catch the fish feeding at neds beach
    stuff all the other exotic locations lord howe island is the spot!

i would also call that fish a BIG nanygie southen type

This one's for you Kingtin. There's heaps around the jetty along with mullet, drummer, wrasse, garr and trevally.

Cost of the trip with airfares & accommodation came to around $2600 for 2. You can pretty much do any activities you like from there, but would recommend that you book with Phasmid prior to leaving for the island.

Bassa - This is my second trip to the island and already know there is no better place!! No, didn't get out on Oblivion but did see the boat there. Also fed the fish at Ned's and snorkelled just about every beach there. Also, took a ride on the glass bottomed boat & snorkelled at Erskin's Hole and Comet's Hole.

isn't it just a shame no matter what you do you could never caputre lord howe in words or pictures
    we just loved the beaches and how fish just came right up to you
    and the night fishing off that jetty is a mind blower those reef sharks just come from everywhere

The thing that blew my mind was the big spangled emperor that Dave hand feeds off the back of his boat when he moors up for the night.
    Also fished a place called Old Gulch it ended up being 6 nill to the fish, just couldn't stop the big ones.

How's this sunset over the lagoon..?

Jealous as, I spent a week over there and ran into BIG wind. They had had several cyclones that came through that year and they said they were nothing compared to the wind that came through that week.
    Was taking out huge trees all over the island, and kept the council guys busy with the chainsaws.

My three planned trips out wide ended up being a beach fish for one Aussie salmon a nights fishing off the jetty for heaps of psycho mullet and a shark, and feeding the fish at neds beach each day.

Wind actually got down to almost 25 knots on one day so one boat went out, (crew only) to catch some fish for the almost depleted island fish supply.

Shocking weather and still thought it was great, will get over there again one day and do some damage to the fish population.

Way to go Roota!!
    What a superb looking place!! Got that on my must do list, thats for sure.
    Could you thin those noahs out for me before I go???
    Awsome stuff.

Regards, Tony

yep i sat down in the shack on more than one night just watching the sun set over the lagoon
    another thing that is a must is to fish for a double header MAN those thing go hard and with only a few feet of reef away there is no giveing them anything but stick

also fished old gulch but only for some drummer but know what you mean the whole island is hard and tackle big fish and sharp bits are never a good mix

just wondering if you saw any of the golden drummer???
    they are unbelivable just look like big gold fish in the ocean
    will try to get some of my pics up too that is if they turn out ok they are all on film and not digi

vanessa with one of her trevallies but by far not her biggest also this is a shot of Balls Pyramid truly a sight to be seen!

this is me with a 30kg yellowfin tuna in one shot and 20kg kingie in the other
    all the fish over there are BIG!

sorry about the pic qulity but i don't have a scanner so these pics are of other photos
    in this next shot the top one in of old gulch and the bottom is a under water pic of some swimming kings around 10kgs in size

ok next is of
    a loin fish hanging around under some reefs and the bottom is of a double header