Thread: Mud Overnighter  21/5

Mud Overnighter  21/5

Planed on launching at 12 on sat and collecting some live bait for the night but things didn't go as planned ??? Had electrical probs before i left home.After getting this sorted out finally caught up with Webby and Darren at the mouth of the river about 1/2 hour late.Had my two eldest with me (their first overnighter). Ended up with great weather with plenty of fish but not many keepers 3 in fact.During the night while dropping the pick i found that the shackle had come undone so one anchor with 5 m of chain attatched over the bow with no rope attatched ???.With previous elec probs someone put the battery cables on the wrong sides of the isolater switch so bat 1 was actually bat 2 and vice versa which meant in the morning i had 2 flat batteries. Tried jump starting but wouldn't work so in the end it was a nice trip back to pinkenba with Manly Coast Guard.Thanks to the crew from Manly and Thanks to Brian (Webby)and Darren (Allnighter) for showing me a few spots around Mud.The 3 fish i came home with are 3 more than i have come home with on the last 2 trips out to Mud.
    Cheers Dazza
    Some pics to follow

Re: Mud Overnighter #21/5

sunset

sunrise

More sunrise

Trip Home

Re: Mud Overnighter  21/5

Come on, I would have expected more photos from the trip home as your hands were free.

And where are the three keepers

Angla

Geez Darren,
    We thought you had turned your anchor lights off early!!,
    If we had of known you had a flat we could of passed a battery over to get you going, before we left.
    Mate, those were pretty well behaved kids...
    Didn't here them whinge once, and the young fella was keen- good to see.
    regards darren.

Should ave waited till your kicked her over before we Peed Off.
    Good old Rescue Saved the day, bet the kid thought it was a thrill.
    regards

Sorry guys forgot the pic of fish.
    Darren/Webby I wasn't worried because i thought my other battery was OK it wasn't until you had gone that we went to move and i found that i had stuffed up on the connections on the isolator switch that is why i ended up with 2 flat batteries.anyhow the kids had a ball being their first overnighter in the boat
    Dazza

Dazza love the pics. Hope the boyz loved their first of prob many overnighters. Will have to get a few a us together in the broadwater one day with the kids. Know James is keen as well maybe a overnight at the bedrooms. Talk about it next HAINES DAY.
    Brett
    It's FULLY SIC man

G'Day Daz,

Mate sorry to hear about ur bat probs, least u got a feed. Musta driven past u guys during the nite. Catch you on the next trip. (I've kept it short and sweet got puter probs, surprised I actually got online)

Cheers,
    Tony 8)
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak