Thread: 15 mile - Bundaberg

15 mile - Bundaberg

Went out to fish althea out from bundy with my son youngfisho. 3\4 the way there we figured it would be too rough so made a b line to 15 mile. Only 2nm from our location. On the way we trolled a 190 halco, which netted us a 4kg + mac tuna. Continued on to 15 mile. Only two other boats out and the weather was improving. Started bottom fishing in about 90 feet of water. Most catches consisting of trigger fish and more trigger fish. Andrew managed one grass sweetlip at 43cm and a tuskie that went 42cm. He hooked up on a small remora on a soft plastic jig on bream gear. No mackrel on this trip unfortunatley. Decided after a while to drift around to cover more ground and then my rod buckled over. Heading straight for the reef youngfisho picked it for a parrot (tuskie). 5 minutes later up came a tuskie around 4.5kg. Stoked!!! On that note we headed for home with glassed out conditions made it back to the ramp in under 40 minutes.

barney47

Re: 15 mile - Bundaberg

pic 2

Nice tusky! Well done mate.

Looks like you stopped in to get your "Passprt Photo" on the way home! LOL

Nice fish Barney! Well done!!!

Hey Barney, welcome to the site. Good to see another Bundyite on Ausfish. Nice catch. I've been to the 15mile a few times myself...not a bad spot.

Morlers