Thread: Hard Day at the Wello office - Pics Added

Hard Day at the Wello office - Pics Added

G'Day G'day,Took No.1 son Jonno for his first franger frow Sun. morning,Geeze some of these young blokes are softer than the frangers ,just cause it was 3am with a bit of breeze!! ,He did manage two bream first up with one of them a nice fish(after he decided its easier to throw n wind when you arent lying on the bottom of the boat!!),then he got his first(& only other legal squire for the morning),40cm & was wrapped with the fight on light gear,I dropped my first good fish just under the boat,sight unseen, after a good tussle ,Brent,so much for my fancy effort on 2 kilo string & 6lb leader, I went back to my "normal' rig & boated my tea with a 44cm squire,things got very quiet after that with just a few unders, & visit from fellow ausfisher MichaelG (nice to catch up with you Michael)did provide the highlight of the day & the classic statement of the year, When Jonno caught a couple of cuttlefish Michael dropped a jig over & after netting & having the cuttlefish spend 5 mins squirting 5 litres of its ink ,said Quote,"I dont think he has any ink left"!!!!, Mate I know you got the ink off the side of your lovely rig & off your sunnies but I think you will have probs getting it of your duds/shirt & hat ,I think also that you may have put said cuttlefish into your esky at bit quick as well, Anyway a bit of hilarity (on my & Jonnos behalf anyway)to finish of the morning, that bit was a hoot, I'm sure it will not be Jonno's last franger trip & I'm looking forward to him posting his piccies on site. Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

Re: Hard Day at the Wello office

Opps,Sorry steve I should of posted under Reports. T.><>.

Fred

Hey I wasn't the only 1 who had issues with them-if I remember correctly(Jonno finished washin the boat yet).

Was a beautiful morning and the best part I broke the new rod in- 4 squire all on the 34cm mark, 2 grinners, 1 pike.
    I think I need some more practice tho

Was good to meet you Fred and Jonno

Michael

Touchy,
    You were a day too late mate, they were on the chew in very average conditions on Saturday!!

The cuttlefish story sounds a cack!!
    Sorry Michael G, but it is funny!!!

imported_admin

Touchy has asked me to post these pics. Touchy or Jonno will fill in the details

imported_admin

Pic 2

imported_admin

Pic 3

imported_admin

Pic 4

imported_admin

Pic 5

imported_admin

Pic 6

imported_admin

Pic 7

imported_admin

Pic 8

Re: Hard Day at the Wello office - Pics Added

yep i ahve said that when chaseing the squid down here once or twice man those squid can hold some ink

aquarius

Fred thats not a bad catch from Wello shallows........Mate 2 kilo line and 8LB LEADER........That extra 2 lb makes a difference..lol
    Its looking good for this Saturday so i guess i will have to try and match your catch...lol
    I'm off to another location this time so will see how i go.
    Is that a green snapback in that squire,s gob?
    Cheers Brent

Yep Brent,thats a snapback & Jonnos fav. is know the Berkeley Gulp Grub in Pumpkinseed ,it was a quiet morning tho' so I had to get 5 snaps of the same fish to make it more interesting , ok 8LB leader & 2kilo string!!,I hope to get out Sat morning but I'll be a liitle bit further south at that spoil ground . Cheers Touchy><>.