Thread: Deep tempest wed 25-5

Deep tempest wed 25-5

Hi all,couldn't let a 10knt forecast go past.
    We fished tempest this morning and despite the roaring current(2.5knots) and white caps to start the day we bagged out on good solid fish,snapper, from 5-3kgs,there was no point in keeping anything smaller.
    We caught some good pearlies for tempest region,2-3kgs stuff,lucky they were up from the bottom as anywhere near it and another rig lost.
    We were the only boat around for a long time,everyone must have slept in,except for 2 trawlers anchored up.
    The day panned out to perfect glass and a dream run home on full throttles.
    Should be a good season as most of the catch i cleaned were rowed and melted up already,no camera so unfortunately no photos but take it from me the weather ended up just marvelous,i though about all the poor fisho's that had to work on such a wonderful day,cheers all no worries

Re: Deep tempest wed 25-5

nice
    any pics ???

Quote Originally Posted by no_worries
    unfortunately no photos
    Chemmy

good to see tempest is firing up, remember endless reports from last season, you sure know your way round the reef.

Nice report,

We couldn't find the pearlies the other night but really only tried one small area in the deeper water.

What depth of water were you guys in and were the pearlies and snapper coming from the depths or a bit higher in the water column.

Cant' wait till the boat is back in the water.

Bugman

redspeckle

Well no worries leats you caught some fish out their on 25/5. was out there too
    I fish the conjevoi reef first then when out to 33 Fathom then Northern 29 reef on the last two spots the current was runing that hard caught not get a bait to bottom hard to raise the anchor there wasn't even any fish shown on the screen out thier come home 90 percent of the bait that i took out
    The tide difference wasn't the great i thought low height 0.48 high 1.85 =1.37 in tide height [smiley=confused.gif]
    Well i learn a lot today out their anyway & done another bar crossing this time though Northern channel getting less
    [smiley=anxious.gif] now crossing it
    As they say you got to pay to learn but anyhow least i got out and said was going to do had a sicke & had fun on the water
    Mitch
    Good onya Matty Bowen what a try & win for Queensland
    [smiley=laola.gif]

Hi bugman,the pearlies were about 10-15 mts up but the snapper were around 50 mts depth.
    A general spread over the reef but the larger ones came from the deep water north of the rock,saturday is looking pretty good for a repeat performance ,cheers no worries

Red speckle,we rarely anchor on tempest,just drift fish with a chute although after 11 am you couldn't use the chute as the current was much worst in the upper depth than lower down so the boat ran away from the baited rig once the wind abated,cheers no worries

searaider

Geday Gary,
    Good to see that your back to your old tricks , and nailing those Snapper at the rock .

Peter
    Searaider 2

Hi pete,you missed out on one of those few magical days yesterday,had a couple of unstoppables and a 3kg head,damn sods never take the smaller fish,cheers no worries