Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hutchies delivered (24/5)

Re: Hutchies delivered (24/5)

Steve & Brett

Looks like u blokes had a good 'Snap Attack"....well done sure beats workin !!....

Hope u kept your deckie workin hard ....

Cheers
    Phil

PS Lets see Qld (13) finish off those Blues (0) !!!

Gentlemen,

Now, I've had to approach Steve Brown and get my private message storage extended to cater for all the requests to know just what is the "secret technique".

The offers of money, drugs, girls, and my own oil company in Nigeria have been recieved warmly. I do however, have to inform the group that the secret will remain safe with me and the Master, Mr Brooks.

I have been threatened by one Ausfish member with a beard, who owns a cyclone, who works for the Queensland Government, who has fished on Bogey; who bunked with us at 1770, who has posted on this thread, whose name is Craigie and is willing to charter a helicopter with spotlights just to spy on the master and I during our next expedition. To that member I say ..... well I say nothing Just how big is your biggest snapper

I await the Master's next report.

Bugman

I gotta say well done bugman and brooks. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

But the rest of you guys, please don’t encourage Steve [smiley=hammer.gif]

[smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]
    [smiley=jester.gif]

bidkev

Nice report Bugman. Fair wets the appetite.....gotta get out soon.

cheers

kev

Yes, well, in the end, the boat launch and retrieve was easy.

Firstly, I tied a stringer rope to the back of the Nissan for the launch, as the boat will roll off the trailer once unhitched. #So the boat rolls off and out about 15mtrs, so i am able to walk along the beach and drag it in clear of the ramp and obstacles. #I then parked the car, turned the boat around so that her nose was pointing out, gave a liitle push, and stepped in. #Because the Honda starts first time, I had no fear. #Idled out of the harbour.

For the return effort, I moored the boat at the pontoon ( motor still running, although the fishermen on the pontoon could not hear it, # #gotta love them 4 bangers ). #Walked to the car and reversed her into the drink. IN gear and handbrake on. #As you do !.( ignition off )

Back to the boat, and drove her on the trailer. I'll explain how I do this. #I line up the trailer from about 40mtrs, and idle into it, not backing off the throttle. #Most times the boat ( any boat ), will skew at an angle. #I just turn the wheel a tad, so the boat lines up square with the trailer, ( keeping in mind, I position myself in the cockpit so that I am standing dead centre, to get the ' real' look ), Then straighten the whell so the motor is going to push the boat on the trailer evenly. #At this stage, I trim the motor up until it is just under the top of the water ( it makes a different sound when churning the water trimmed out ). #I then give it some, which pushes theboat up hard against the winch stop roller. #Leaving it like this, I walk around the boat, jump over the front onto the Nissan, and step down to the trailer. #At this point I can hook the winch cable on and tension it up. #A quick click of the safety snap, and back on the boat, out of gear, motor of and trim up. #Get back into the Nissan, select 1st gear low range #( 4wd , not engage 4wd ), pull up the ramp easily.

I find sometimes this is better than having a few ferets around on the ramp, saying ' go this way, go that way, straighten up, forward, back ! #"

The biggest problem one can encounter is current racing past a ramp. #Or ignorant boaties not realising what it takes to retrieve a biggie ( 6.2 Sportfish ) by ones self.

One day at Scarborough, I actually radioed the VMR and I passed them my car keys and they backed the vehicle down for me. #Reason ? #I came back at peak hour, and didn't want to hold anyone up.

Steve..............target fish ? # # #I'll give you a clue........it wasn't Red Emps.

Further good news, last night I hacked NASA's Satelite Scaning probe, #Delta Alfa 11, and found video footage of Steve and Brett at Hutchies on Tuesday night. #I gained close-up resolution of Steve's Secret. #Now, I am willing to pass it on to anyone. #There is however, one condition. #You must come to my place, with your Great Grandmothers, primary school teachers, Mother, and 1 Carton of this years vintage of Brisbane Bitter Stubbies. #All will be revelled ! # # # # # # # # #

And why did you sound so suprized, Steve, when you heard your name called on the VHF ? #And, did I see your head spin around looking for spies ?

Cheers #Phill #
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Phil thanks for the full explanation of the solo boat launch and retreive. I think I will have to upgrade the steering to a non return model, If I let go of the wheel it will spin by itself and skew the boat on the trailer. The technique you described is what I do if i need to launch or retreive the workboat solo, but then it has hydraulic steering.
    I did get a start when I heard you on the radio as that was all we had heard on it for about four hours. I think I might have to give the boat a new paint job in matt black so I can hide in future.