Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack at the Pin.

Jack at the Pin.

Just joined up and this is my first post.

Satarday morning was one of those morning when any fish that you catch are a bonus. So.. wet a line for a hour or so looking for a few Bream. The action was a bit slow, fishing with some squid on a number 4 long shank whiting hook. (One day I will master these plactics!)

Then ..whamo... a fright train hit my line.. Was only fishing with 10Ib line on my bait runner. After a few minutes sighted a very nice mangrove jack. Took about 5 mins to get him to the boat before lifting him from the water by hand as my landing net never made it in the boat.

It's the biggist jack I have ever caught at 50cm and very stockie indeed. After showing the kids and the misses, let him go to catch another day. I hope!

Re: Jack at the Pin.

My holding tank !! -Yes, that is a bady bath...

The Release

awesome, top fish!

your a good man letting him go. TOP fish!!!!

great stuff, godd onya

Fantastic looking fish

Sure is a great feeling when catching one that size

Holy hell.
    I just logged on after seeing the mighty Maroons come back to take the first state origin and to see this Jack, I'm thinking your name must be Matty Bowen.

I remember catching my first Jack with my dad about two years ago. The looks on our faces would definetly compare to the faces of the Queensland team tonight.

I did however take him home to eat, but deap down realised that I should have let him go!!

Nice Catch
    How are the colours on these fish.
    Speechless!!!!!!

Nice catch. Even better release.

Congratulations.

Welcome to the site ... top fish and set of photos. Especially the one of the release.

bloody beautiful mate- good to see people releasing such awesome fish.

You're a better man then i am. Well done!
    "Reef Hustler" - Seafarer Victory 6.0m & 225hp Honda

That gets two thumbs up [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] one for a great catch and one for the release ! nice camera work

good on ya mate, its good to see people releasing jacks. well done.
    Cheers

keen_as_mustard

Great fish, and photos - not too many people start their first post with a 50cm Jack!

Just a quick question - I am assuming the Jack was caught at Jumpinpin, but where was it released - haven't seen any houses with verandahs at the Pin - Jacobs Well maybe?

The question is out of curiousity only - I am not trying to get you to give up any secret spots (or if you do send me a PM!)