Thread: 24th 1st Run for Snapper

Commodore

24th 1st Run for Snapper

Well it’s that time of year again (Snapper Run) and with that I will endeavour to put up some posts, as I have been on the side lines for a while . With the wind non-existent, the tides big and the moon full we departed Manly at 3pm with glassed out conditions heading for spot x.

Got to the beacons at 3:30pm and looked for some livies, good shows on the sounder, but proved to be timid and had to work to get enough for the nights fishing, also had some fun with jigs catching squire, cod, whiting and mosses perch.

Shot over to spot x and anchored up with the run just starting and a few boats on the drift (not hooking up). I know its not x-mas but with the blessing of my better half I purchased a new outfit for this season, 10-15kg live fibre texalium, TLD 25 loaded with 40 lbs 10x . Any way, 1st bait on the new outfit and hooked up to a nice 45cm squire, it was still day light so wasn’t expecting the big ones yet but it was nice to blood in the new outfit on her 1st drop.

As the run picked up and sun went down the other boats left and nothing much changed with plenty of hook ups on under size squire, no vermin and all fish kept between 38-60cm, a total of 9 by 9:30pm. It’s early in the season and the water temp was up a bit so looking forward to the bigger fish coming in soon.

To finish the night off I was fishing with a 80 lbs leader and ganged 6o’s with whole squid and thought I had a good hook up, to my surprise after landing the fishes, yep top hook 34cm squire, bottom hook 43cm squire, at least one went in the bin.

Finished of the rum , we had a designated driver who is swore to secrecy about spot x and shot home with perfect conditions, not a bad start to the season and those pan size fish are sweet. Not many boats out surprisingly.

Cheers,
    Matt

Commodore

Re: 24th 1st Run for Snapper

The catch

well done.

Commodore

Thanks Brenno

try another pic, bit out of practice

Commodore

sorry about that

Nice lot of Fish their Matt, well done..
    Nice feeed on the grill there..

nice fish mate

nice fish mate

LOL.... Consider it a practice run for your next thread after Saturday night. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

By the way, even though it posted large, you can still modify the attachment for about 24 hours.

Open the original picture in photo editor, click on "resize", reduce the picture by a bit more than half (a third is probably better) and save it with a new name. Then just go in to your post by clicking modify, and change the attachment to the new attachment.

Cheech

nice work mate there be fish in them there reefs all the best to
    ya .I will have to get into some of them