Thread: Sneaky Tuesday Night Fish at DI Pt

Sneaky Tuesday Night Fish at DI Pt

Left Tuesday lunch. Only went beacause of the weather forecast but we were watching the DI observations all morning and it was saying 15 knots even though off Brisbane it was flat. On the water about 4.00p.m. Tony Stewart from Baitrunner said weather was crap as we passed him on the inside and he was right. Also passed Greg in Wave Dancer another boat I fish on, on the way in as we were heading out. 15 knots the whole time until is started dropping out about 1.00p.m. when we were heading in Wednesday. Had the Signature down to 12 knots and up to about 14 on a good runs heading out in the dark so it was pretty ordinary. Went wide and only got first rods in at 7.10 p.m. - bit of a slog getting out. Landed two legal Reds, one 5.5kg, few smaller ones, a 12kg Cobe, 2 Coronation Trout, a Flowery Cod, a legal Footballer Cod and the rest were Hussar, Parrot and Gold Spot Wrasse. 25 in total and good bunch of fillets. Had our chances on the Reds and we all dropped at least one or two. Hammered by Sharks again. Tried some spots on the way home that had had awesome shows of wire weed but no fish on them.

Going out on First Class (40' Black Watch) this weekend off Mooloolaba for Sunny Coast Heavy Tackle Tournament. Chasing Blues on Shelf. Keneka is overnighting going for Broadbill. Weather should be ok.

Re: Sneaky Tuesday Night Fish at DI Pt

Clint with the better Red above and the Cobe here.

Re: Sneaky Tuesday Night Fish at DI Pt

Good fish smithy. Best of luck for the tourny, I would be out there overnighting in the puddin if I didnt have these bloody uni assignements! Say gday to Trevor for me.

CJ