Thread: Goldie Offshore 27-05-05

Goldie Offshore 27-05-05

Went out in the mates JBS to the 24's this morning. 5:30 am start.
    It was a struggle with current against tide while white caps were not far away, very few boats out. Struggled to anchor over the shows of fish so I think it had a severe impact on our luck. Makes a difference when in a new boat that handles differently and had too little anchor line. Probably should have drifetd over the baitballs...

I got a sucker fish which look like a cobia that someone wearing Nike's stepped on, and apart from a bite off on my rig we only got a Bream on a Paternoster.
    We used pillies and I used a floater rig the others used heaps of weight and paternoster rigs.
    I'd love to try one of our pinacles with my boat and a nbit less seas so I can position the boat right.
    I'll be back

Re: Goldie Offshore 27-05-05

I know what you mean BB,

It's not easy going out in boats your not used to. Took me ages to get used to my mates boat but after a few runs I know it as well as my 'ol Hainesy. Just gotta get used to the Southwind now; simple things like different anchor rope, hurts your hands to pull it up from deep water (yes I know that's what deckies are for ) but sometimes its gonna be me and Mrs skip, so I just know who's gonna be doing what.

Don't worry BB, you'll get out there and brain the soon.

Cheers,
    Tony 8)

Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak

Re: Goldie Offshore 27-05-05

Better luck next time BB.
    Can't win them all [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]