Thread: The B/Banks Sunday session

The B/Banks Sunday session

We left Kawana at about 4am after there was a bit of a M/G at the pontoon. The Ausfish tribe was made up of Streaker, Razza,Cheech,Snapper,No_Luck and myself aswell as ??? a couple of tag alongs ???.
    The trip out was a bit sloppy and improved in some spots, but not enough to get into top gear. It took us about 1 and 1/2 hours to reach the southern end of the Hards. Which gave us time to have a bit of radio contact with other Ausfish boys {Sea Saw and Foxy}.
    Once we got to the Hards i got nailed on my first drop by a good Snapper and then another bigger one. By this time im thinking this is going to be a cracker of a day 8). Then we did'nt get any fish for a hour or so. We moved around a couple of times and got a couple of mixed reefies. Then we found a spot where some horse sized parrot were. We caught 10 or so and then we went off the patch. Tried for a different speices on other parts of reef we found with no luck.
    By this time i saw a big cat jumping out of the water, i looked over at Snappa and i think he would of had a boner ??? at the sight of Foxy's rig Looked awesome foxy with only 3-4ft of arss end in the water
    Left for home early with a good feed onboard for all. The profish let the deckies and myself know that it was going to be a arss pounding ride home . Next time Foxy stop let me onboard and the deckies can meet us at the ramp while i have a couple of bundies.
    This is my first proper snapper this year. Can only hope for more to come with greater weight.
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: The B/Banks Sunday session

some real nice fish there mate well done

nice bag of fish there. You've gotta like the new cleaning tables at Kawana.
    I''ll have to follow you guys out one day as I've never got a bag like that ever.

Gotta ask this, Do you normally scale your fish? I seem to always just fillet off the bone then flip and remove the skin.

Angla

Good on ya chris! some nice fish there mate
    Your rig on the way home ...foxy

Hey Foxy next time take te picture while we aren't on our 1/2 smoko break That hydrolic seat of yours sure looked comfey when you passed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Angla.
    We fillet and skin most of the fish. But it is allways good to have a few in the freezer to bake when people come over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chris
    one ugly Snapper only his mother could love him. Good day Chris but i think we have'nt produce our best yet.
    Wayne

Hey Chris
    I think thats my parrot mate , those hooks do the trick when the fish are a bit quiet. Catch up with you again soon mate.
    Razza

nice fish chris, looks like the snapper are in on the reefs. Looks like conditions were'nt that bad out there.

Luke

Chris, So how heavy was that Snappa? Good catch.

Mark

Didn't end up weighing it due to the wait for the tables at the ramp. A couple of fella's filleting iodine bream and gold spot. They where happy with it so.............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]