Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fingermark Trip

Fingermark Trip

Headed out last Sunday for another crack at some Fingermark. The tides were once again shocking with only yht e one tide for the day but the weather was good enough to have a go.
    The squid were pretty skittish but I ended up getting 12 with two caught in the net, the rest on a jig. Hussar and other spam annoyed us for the first 30 minutes or so beofre my uncle Noel nabbed a small one around the 2 kilo mark. Things went a bit quiet again until Noel again had a hit and this time she was a beauty. Up came a Golden Snapper just over 6 kilos and they were on. Mick quickly came over and lobbed down another livey. Istant hookup and another 6 plus kilo specimen. My turn next and a frikkin baby just over 2 kilos. The next one was lost and we were out of squid. After a 10 minute wait we decided to head home. Caught a few mud crabs in the pots on the way so was a good night. Total fishing time around 2 hours, good stuff for this time of year.
    Cheers, Mark.

1st pic, Mick taking a leak and jigging (no wonder why he caught none!!)

Re: Fingermark Trip

Noel's 'small' fingermark

now that's more like it

here fishy fishy fishy fishy

now I thought Mick was just being a nice bloke here removing the hooks and all...........

but instead he flogs the whole outfit AND the squid I'm catching

should have put the camera down eh!!

result of that drop, bigger fish. Noel's holding both up cause Micks flogged another squid and it's already on it's way down. He hooked up immediately and that's when I put my foot down and grabbed the rod off him. I think he knew it was a small one otherwise he would never have given it to me!!

and that's the end of that chapter!!

cHiCo

Nice fish mate, how do you rig the live squid?

Excellent work. Nice fish boys.

Great work guys, gotta love those Golden snapper, best eating fish about.
    Have you used circle hooks yet to bottom bash? I used them for the first time up in darwin last Christmas and found them great, always hooked in the side/upper jaw and you dont neeed to strike and set the hook

Cheers
    Aaron

Awesome. Do you catch the Fingers there during the day? Have got a pretty good FM spot but they tend only to bite at night and during the day its hard to get past all the nannygai. You got any reccomendations on catching them during the day?

Whats nannygai taste like. Never eat"n but i would love to catch a large mouth.
    Top catch there fella's. Fish and muddie in the same trip, could'nt ask for more.
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aaron. I bought some circle hooks for the river trips where I'm not holding the rod. Our hookup rate is more than acceptable at this stage on the big guys out wide and we are holding the lines. I'll keep you posted on whether I take the plunge or not.
    Devo don't try much for them during the day but they are very hard to get. Mum caught one over 10 kilo in the middle of the day when we were kids but haven't really targeted them in the daytime, that's trout time!
    Chico, just once through the back mate with a 9/0.
    Cheers, Mark.