Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 100's of bream! Kids catching them by the score!

rocket

100's of bream! Kids catching them by the score!

This report is from a couple of weeks ago, sorry just joined. Will endeavour to be more prompt in the future.

Took the kids to Noosa on their first fishing/camping trip and what an introduction to breaming it was. Seven kids caught their personal bests in bream and trevally. All kids caught between 10 and thirty fish each in approximately three sessions each (a pretty mean feat when you had to rotate them all in one small 3.7metre tinny taking 2 to 5 kids at a time). All in all in three days only fishing in the afternoons and evening, we caught just under 200 bream and trevally.

This may seem excessive, but we had four families camping at Munna Point, we ate heaps there and took a reasonable feed home for each family. I am happy to report that it is possible to introduce your kids to excellent fishing without having to go as far as Evans Head or even further afield up north.

The quality of bream was excellent, most kids caught bream in the 33cm to 37cm category and the majority of bream were 25 to 30cm long. Looking forward to next year at Noosa. I'll try and post some pictures

Day one and some of the anglers.

rocket

Re: 100's of bream! Kids catching them by the scor

More photos!

rocket

And again!

great to see the kids into it did they by any chance outfish you ???

NQCairns

Good stuff, thats what it is all about

Hows ya filliting knife? Let me guess..., yellow shirt twins? Good catch!

excessive... ya not wrong!! hopefully their kids have a chance to do the same, somehow me thinks not.

did they all get eaten?
    good catch if it wasn't wasted!
    good to get the kids into fishing, but dont teach them the more the merrier way.

cheers Cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly

Kids fishing and having a great time, Thats a lot better than tv any day and they will probably remember that holiday forever.

Good to see

Angla

fantastic! good to see!
    mate how much does it cost to camp at Munna Point? and is it located on the beach, or the river ??? never been there looks like a nice place. did you camp at a caravan park? what is it?

munna point camping ground is right on the river down towards the river mouth. lovely plcae to spend a few nights, easter and christmas gets bloody busy there though!!

Won't be any bream next year mate, i reckon you wiped them just about out.
    Anyone thats planning on going to noosa next for fishing, don't go during school holidays, it is so hectic, and the boat traffic is horrible, you will get the a good session on the fish in the morning and then the kid bridgade breaks out, with hundreds of kids tearing around in tinnys making a racket, which doesn't do the fisherman any favours.

Hey morty, if the kids scooting around reduce the fish taken by the rest of the people there then it could be said that they're just doing their bit to conserve the fish resources.
    Good to see you had a good time with the kids, welcome to the site and I'm sure that you, like me will learn heaps from this site and by next year you will have more valuable lessons to tech the kids regarding the resources we have in the great outdoors.

rocket

(1) Chemmy

I didn't have time to fish mate, just tend to the kids.

(2) Cloud 9

Not one fish wasted, 20 feisty pelicans well fed with the frames etc. Remember the 9 kids in total were accompanied by 6 adults and 6 visiting adults. The total I quoted to be almost 200, well to be exact I think the total was 188.

We saved in food bills by eating at least 1/3 of them on site on the wonderful big bbq plates they provided then simply divided up the rest of them into a few meals for each family.

Excessive perhaps to some, but should these 20 people all have been fishing individually and caught 8 or 9 fish each for their own consumption, it would be viewed differently. My next bream feed will probably be in 12 months. I don't need to catch these numbers any more to hook these kids. We chose not to fish on the fourth day despite some opposition and yes there were hundreds to be caught, my job was done it was too easy.

(3) Shano

Munna Point Caravan Park right on the river. The kids were swimming every day in the river despite the cold (the water's crystal clear). It cost us $20 a couple per night off peak $5 extra per kid and $10 extra per adult (not very cheap for camping). Cheers!

tshort

Thank god there are still places like this for kids to enjoy. Hoipe your next stay is as good as this one.